How to Write a Thesis for a Research Paper With Ease
- How to Write a Thesis for a Research Paper With Ease
- What is a Thesis Statement
- Types of Thesis
- Research Paper Thesis
- What makes a good thesis
- How to Write a Thesis Statement for a Research Paper
- How to Start
- Thesis Statement Examples
- College Education
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Social Services
Keep in mind that we also offer stellar academic writing services for students. If you require assistance, send us a 'write my paper' request, share instructions and get a work complete accordingly.
What is a Thesis Statement
Depending on the peculiarities of the assignment, a statement may have some distinct features. However, no matter what type of paper you are working on, your thesis statement should be specific and concise.
Types of Thesis
- Argumentative: Takes a firm stance on a particular issue to persuade the reader.
- Expository: Provides the facts and clearly explains the main idea.
- Analytical: Points out what you will be analyzing throughout your essay.
But today, we will focus more on how to write a good thesis statement for your research paper. Stay tuned!
Research Paper Thesis
If a student wants to learn how to write a thesis for a research paper, it is vital to have an overall picture of the purpose. No one will read a research paper without reason. Thus, a writer should offer the key argument to stress the problem's significance. The entire paper should be written based on this thesis statement and offer evidence to prove your arguments.
When you work on the research paper, you should highlight the results of your study. With that in mind, a good thesis statement must contain a clear explanation of why you have decided on a certain topic from all the interesting topics to research. To make a claim more effective, try to focus on crucial findings.
What makes a good thesis
There are several essential characteristics of an exceptional thesis statement. Make sure that you focus on the following features while building a thesis.
To make the whole paper stand out, you should develop unique ideas for a thesis statement. Looking at things from another angle always works. Don't limit your creativity; try to find the gap in resources and use a fresh approach to the study. Make sure to cover this gap to craft an original thesis statement.
A good thesis statement should be precise and explicit. There is no need to waffle around some vague ideas – try to be specific. This way, your audience will be able to grasp the primary purpose of your study. Besides, developing a clear statement ensures coherent research.
A thesis statement focused on the facts that everybody is aware of is weak. A strong thesis should present a debatable argument that needs further research and supporting examples to prove it. One suggestion to check if a thesis statement is debatable is to find counter-arguments on the topic. The absence of an alternative position means that it's a statement of ordinary facts.
How to Write a Thesis Statement for a Research Paper
Developing an idea is half the battle; you need to take a position and clearly present it in your thesis statement. It may seem like an uphill struggle for most students, and some writers even skip this step. But, in fact, no research paper will be complete without a powerful thesis statement. That's why you need to keep several basic rules in mind to avoid a weak thesis, or what's worse, ignore this stage at all.
Here're several useful tips on how to nail your research paper thesis:
- Brainstorm ideas. It is always better to have several topics to write on. This way, you will choose only that theme that you like most and, at the same time, can potentially engage your reader.
- Choose a captivating topic. The topic should be narrow enough and focus on the current issue. It is crucial to pick a good topic idea – this factor predetermines the development of strong arguments.
- Conduct research. You need to do thorough research based on credible, up-to-date sources. Remember to use academic databases to access the necessary resources that will help you with your research.
- Find decent examples. It's recommended to choose corresponding evidence that can support your central idea. Make sure that all arguments you develop in the research paper are backed up by examples and related to the thesis statement.
- Craft a powerful thesis statement. In a research paper, thesis statements should stress the issue's significance. As a rule, they are 1-2 sentences long and aim to provide the course of action for the entire text. The rest of the sections are there to support the statement with the help of solid evidence.
How to Start
[Discussed object] should [do something] in order…
[The issue] of the [objects] is characterized…
The essay on [topic] tries to explore and prove that…
An analysis of [subject/object] reveals a challenge facing…
Use these starters as your reference to come up with unique approaches to forming your argument.
Thesis Statement Examples
The last thing to discuss is the best examples used in research papers. Below, we offer several free samples to help you get started.
"High school graduates should be encouraged to take part in various volunteer and internship projects before having a right to apply for the college program they wish."
"An analysis of the choices modern HR managers make showed that the companies prefer candidates who have LinkedIn profiles over those who do not have any social media profile."
Healthcare & Medicine
"The United States government must deny the regular consumption of fast food because such meals result in increased childhood obesity and heart disease."
"Passive smoking is as harmful as smoking itself since it causes the same health issues. This type of smoking increases the threat of cancer and heart disease, and that is why it should be banned in public places."
"All American kids should obtain vaccinations against such diseases as polio, rubella, and mumps. It is especially important for those who attend school since vaccinations allow us to monitor deadly infectious diseases."
"Saving our planet is not late – all we need is to address environmental issues collectively. With collective consciousness, it is possible to avoid the famine, world war, and rapid climate change."
"The United States media reflects the traditional family where a mother, father, and children are the only members. Such a notion of the family is old-fashioned and can ruin the life of those children who consider this claim as the gold standard."
Do you need help with statistical analysis? It is one of the nevessary steps in any research. So, use our blog and follow all the tips we prepared for our users.
To write a thesis statement that stands out, a student needs to do in-depth research and analysis. This process is time-consuming and requires strong analytical skills. You are not alone in this, and that's why we are here to help you with any academic assignment. Share your ideas, and will deliver a custom research paper with an effective thesis statement just in time!