“340 million tweets are sent every day; it makes Twitter one of the most popular social networks in the world.”
It is a naked fact which does not insist on a specific idea. Students who come with the introductions like that do not know how to write an argumentative essay. Do you need an effective outline for your argumentative essay? How about finding several great topic ideas? Check the most helpful recommendations for writing an argumentative essay carefully.
How to write an argumentative essay? The answer is here!
It is impossible to come up with the powerful, persuasive paper or speech without knowing how to write a good argumentative essay. The argumentative essay is a specific type of high school and college writing assignment, which involves a certain argument a writer tries to prove to his audience.
Before selecting the topic for your argumentative essay to discuss, a student must consider the following:
- Fact: Is the statement true or false?
- Definition of the argumentative essay problem
- Value of the argumentative essay topic
- Cause & effect
- Policy, meaning what the readers should do about it and why they should care at all
How to write a good argumentative essay
It won’t be as easy as ABC to write an argumentative essay. But if you follow the pieces of advice provided in this article you will do it much faster and more effectively. The key elements of a powerful paper of this type are the balanced evaluation of the problem, powerful evidence gathered from the credible sources and persuasive tone of the author. It is necessary to be a field expert. Avoid argumentative essay topics that do not interest or inspire you. To discover more information on how to write a good argumentative essay, keep reading the expert argumentative essay recommendations.
Argumentative essay outline: Include all questions and arguments
An argumentative essay outline is an initial stage of writing articles, essays, and other types of papers. A detailed plan will help you not to miss any significant detail or data. Don’t waste time on the search for the argumentative essay structure in Google. You will find all the necessary information below.
- Introduction: Focus on explaining the matter, opposite opinions, and conclude the opening paragraph with the meaningful argumentative essay thesis statement. Apply the title to introduce the argumentative essay idea. Pay attention to the reading audience – decide on the aspects of the problem necessary to persuade the reader on the importance of your position. Prepare a clear, concise argumentative essay thesis sentence to answer the main questions. It appears in the closing sentences of any introduction to pop up later in conclusion. Include the background of the argumentative essay topic in the first sentences of the introductory part.
- Argumentative essay body paragraphs: State the reasons people must agree with the author. Make sure to include the opposite position’s opinions. Read them aloud to make sure that your reasons sound really persuasive.
- Reasons & support. Get ready with a minimum of 3 reasons to explain the importance of accepting the author's position – it would be a topic sentence.
- Provide arguments, facts, statistics, jokes (if acceptable), and real-life examples to support the stated reasons. You can tell a story, which supports your point of view.
- Apply “if…then” reasoning to relate the reasons back to the main position. Support your main claim.
- Anticipate the opinion of rivals. Think about the objections the reading audience might have. Decide on the other possible positions the target audience may develop while reading more about the issue presented in the argumentative essay
- Conclusion. The final word in your argumentative essay should explain the audience what to think/do based on both personal opinion and opposing position on the subject. List the reasons for the readers to adopt the offered position. Provide the rest of the most effective ways out for the issue discussed in the argumentative essay paper.
“Students often ignore the fact 3 types of argument strategies are available: Classical, Rogerian, and Toulmin. Each strategy plays its own role. Try mixing these 3 types of strategies to achieve the best result and create a strong thesis.”
Andy DeVille, linguistics professor and academic editor at WriteMyPaper4Me
How to write a strong thesis statement for the argument essay?
The most important part of learning how to write an argument essay is developing a clear, strong thesis statement. The best thing is to involve a question-answer format. Appeal to the argumentative essay reader and present the answers to all questions he or she may have.
- Change the topic idea into a question before making a thesis out of it:
- Does school bullying lead to serious mental problems among children?
- A definition of high school bullying
- The causes of bullying at school
- How important is it to prevent bullying?
- What can you do to help teachers and parents fight high school bullying & aggression among young people in the United States?
- By the way, headings in the form of questions also sound good.
- Response: The question frequently is the paper’s title, or minimum the closing line of the opening paragraph. The answer is the thesis itself.
- Refute objections: Include some kind of an opening phrase at the beginning of the thesis to stress that you are refuting other existing opinions on the issues.
- Roadmap: A bonus method is to create a roadmap, which has to describe the main 3 or more points the author plans to discuss.
Argumentative essay writing: Interesting topic ideas
The argumentative essay examples will help to understand the solution:
- Prevent the paper from an emotional language as it sounds irrational.
- Realize the difference between a logical conclusion and emotional opinion. Be straight to the point.
- Develop an outline even if the complete teacher’s requirements ask for nothing else than the body text and list of the applied sources.
- People must obey all rules of their government even if they seem senseless
- Provide meaningful in-text citations and corresponding bibliography.
- Be ready to protect your position by stressing the most powerful real arguments to convince not only the target audience but the opposing side. You may be forced to challenge another student or teacher!
Top recommended argumentative essay topics for you to start
Don’t spend months to find an eye-catching idea for your work. Find the one you like most in a few minutes. Look through the list of argumentative essay topics to choose the best idea to impress the teacher. Here are a lot of great argumentative essay ideas but you should be guided by your personal interests.
- Cloning animals and using them for laboratory experience is an immoral situation.
- The obvious reasons to penalize abortion in the US.
- Modern jails in Kearney are way better than modern asylums.
- Abolishing the death penalty in the state of Virginia will make no sense.
- Doctors should be given the right to implement euthanasia.
- Should students use mobile phones to improve their academic performance?
- Media has a great influence on people’s decisions today.
- A social network is the best place to find a new friend.
- The government should provide a possibility to learn without schooling fees.
- Are US citizens paying fair taxes for years?
- It is impossible for a person to survive in a business environment without a mobile device.
- It is not necessary to give an expensive present if you know that the person can’t afford to give you the same because he/she may feel confused.
- Parents should restrict Internet access to let their children focus on education.
- Only the child has a right to decide whether he/she would like to stay with mom or dad in case of divorce-proof.
- Political news isn’t true to the full extent.
- Every person should have a right to use a gun in case of the self-protection.
- Amazon is the best place to go shopping if you need to find a good price-quality ratio.
Those were one of the most effective ideas to use in the argumentative essay writing, which includes some kind of debate. Have you decided on the topic? Are there any obstacles for writing an argumentative essay? Do not panic – solve any type of academic problem with the help of the certified writer for hire available at the top academic writing service!
Require academic assistance? – Get it right here and right now!
Get a price quote & proceed with your order!