“340 million tweets are sent every day; it makes Twitter one of the most popular social networks in the world.”
It is a naked fact which does not insist on a specific idea. Students who come with the introductions like that do not know how to write an argumentative essay. Do you need an effective argumentative essay outline? How about finding several great topic ideas?
After reading this informative article with useful tips, decide whether you need extra help. If yes, test the best writing service in the US & UK!
How to Write an Argumentative Essay of College Level?
It is impossible to come up with the powerful, persuasive paper or speech without knowing how to write a good argumentative essay. The essay of this type is a specific type of high school and college writing assignment, which involves a certain argument a writer tries to prove to his audience.
Before selecting the topic to discuss, a student must consider the following:
- Fact: Is his statement true/false?
- Definition of the problem
- Value of the topic
- Cause & effect
- Policy, meaning what the readers should do about it and why they should care at all
How to Write a Good Argumentative Essay
The key elements of a powerful paper of this type are the balanced evaluation of the problem, powerful evidence gathered from the credible sources and persuasive tone of the author. It is necessary to be a field expert. Avoid topics that do not interest or inspire you. To discover more information on how to write a good argumentative essay, keep reading the expert recommendations.
Argumentative Essay Outline
An argumentative essay outline is an initial stage of writing activity.
- Introduction: Focus on explaining the matter, opposite opinions, and conclude the opening paragraph with the meaningful thesis statement. Apply the title to introduce the idea. Pay attention to the reading audience – decide on the aspects of the problem necessary to persuade the reader in the importance of your position. Prepare a clear, concise thesis sentence to answer the question. It appears in the closing sentence of any introduction to pop up later in conclusion.
- Body paragraphs: State the reasons people must agree with the author. Make sure to include the opposite position’s opinions.
- Reasons & support. Get ready with minimum 3 reasons to explain the importance of accepting the author's position – it would be a topic sentence.
- Provide arguments, facts, statistics, jokes (if acceptable), and real-life examples to support the stated reasons.
- Apply “if…then” reasoning to relate the reasons back to the main position.
- Anticipate the opinion of rivals. Think about the objections the reading audience might have. Decide on the other possible positions the target audience may develop while reading more about the problem.
- Conclusion. The final word should explain the audience what to think/do based on both personal opinion and opposing position. List the reasons for the readers to adopt the offered position.
“Students often ignore the fact 3 types of argument strategies are available: Classical, Rogerian, and Toulmin. Try mixing these 3 types of strategies to achieve the best result and create a strong thesis.”
Andy DeVille, linguistics professor and academic editor at WriteMyPaper4Me
How to Write an Argument Essay: Focus on Thesis
The most important part of learning how to write an argument essay is developing a clear, strong thesis statement. The best thing is to involve a question-answer format.
- Change the topic idea into a question before making a thesis out of it:
- Does school bullying lead to serious mental problems among children?
- A definition of the high school bullying
- The causes of the bullying at school
- How important is it to prevent the bullying?
- What can you do to help teachers and parents fight the high school bullying & aggression among young people in the United States?
- Response: The question frequently is the paper’s title, or minimum the closing line of the opening paragraph. The answer is thesis itself.
- Refute objections: Include some kind of an opening phrase at the beginning of thesis to stress that you are refuting other existing opinions on the issues.
- Roadmap: A bonus method is to create a roadmap, which has to describe the main 3 or more ideas the author plans to discuss.
Argumentative Essay Examples to Provide You with Effective Tips
The argumentative essay examples will help to understand the solution:
- Prevent the paper from an emotional language as it sounds irrational.
- Realize the difference between a logical conclusion and emotional opinion.
- Develop an outline even if the complete teacher’s requirements ask for nothing else than the body text and list of the applied sources.
- Keep away from the unreliable sources such as Wikipedia or Reddit where any users can edit the posts.
- Provide meaningful in-text citations and corresponding bibliography.
- Be ready to protect your position by stressing the most powerful arguments to convince not only the target audience but the opposing side. You may be forced to challenge another student or teacher!
Top Recommended Argumentative Essay Topics
Look through the list of argumentative essay topics to choose the best idea to impress the teacher.
- Cloning animals and using them for laboratory experience is immoral
- The obvious reasons to penalize abortion in the US
- Modern jails are way better than modern asylums
- Abolishing death penalty in the United States will make no sense
- Doctors should be given a right to implement euthanasia
- Should students use mobile phones to improve their academic performance?
- Are US citizens paying fair taxes?
- It is impossible to survive in business environment without a mobile device
- Parents should restrict Internet access to let their children focus on education
- Only the child has a right to decide whether he/she would like to stay with mom or dad in case of divorce
Those were one of the most effective ideas to use in debatable writing. Have you decided on the topic? Are there any obstacles? Do not panic – solve any type of academic problem with the help of the certified writer for hire available at the top academic writing service!