How to Write a Term Paper
- How to Write a Term Paper
- What is a term paper?
- Term Paper Format
- How to Write a Paper Step-by-Step
- Basic Tips on Term Paper Writing
- What to Include in Your Term Paper
- How to Format Your Term Paper Draft?
- How to Plan a Term Paper Writing Piece?
- How to Start a Term Paper?
- How to Write a Term Paper Proposal
- How to Write a Term Paper Abstract
- How to Finish a Term Paper
- Good Term Paper Topics
- Term Paper Topics About Social Issues
- Technology Term Paper Topics
- Business Term Paper Topics
- Medicine Term Paper Topics
- How Long Is a Term Paper
- Term Paper Examples
- How May Professional Service Help You With Academic Assignments?
Students have to complete many academic assignments: research paper, lab report, case study, dissertation, critical paper, theme essay and other essay writing tasks during their education. The term paper also makes a big portion of final grades and overall results.
If you want to perform this task in the most efficient way and save plenty of time, check through our tips on how to write a term paper. This article will provide you with all needed information on creating exciting text, using citation, completing conclusion, and executing other elements of term paper writing. Let’s go!
What is a term paper?
What is a term paper? It’s a common question that many students ask; they have to prepare the academic piece at the end of each semester or course. Term paper writing helps teachers evaluate students’ knowledge. They easily see their results. It’s a paper writing of any assigned subject or a scientific report that requires a lot of technical expertise and research; it helps writers to reflect their knowledge.
Term Paper Format
Term papers can follow a particular style, depending on the required topic. Among the most popular types, there are literature review and scientific report styles that can be applied independently or as a combination of two styles. Getting an assignment to prepare a term paper, students should follow the core structure required according to the term paper format. Here are the main components of the adequately formatted term paper:
- Abstract. This is a short paragraph that takes just one-third or half of the page. Here, students should summarize the core points represented in the paper, describe a central problem, and close the paragraph with findings.
- Introduction. In the introductory paragraph, the writer should provide background information about the problem or an issue. This part of the paper also involves the description of the significance of the issue, current thinking, and approaches to the particular problem. You should close up the paragraph with a strong claim or thesis statement, where a plan of dealing with a problem and a proposed solution is represented.
- Methods. The methods section should cover the information about the search methods of the research question’s necessary information. Also, you should mention your impression of the relevance, utility, and quality of collected data. Finally, you should identify the specific steps taken to utilize the data.
- Results. The results section is devoted to all the findings related to the research topic or question. Also, if there were any issues with answering the questions with the gathered data, students may write about such problems in this section.
- Discussion. In the discussion section, students should write about the meaning of their observation, provide a short sum-up of the core findings, and make some conclusions. The last paragraph in this section should address the role of the gathered results in the broader context.
- References. This is a separate page with a list of used credible sources formatted according to the required style (APA, MLA, etc. ) and in alphabetical order.
How to Write a Paper Step-by-Step
If you dream of writing your term paper assignment painlessly, you should get acquainted with this step-by-step approach. A step-by-step method is a helpful instrument in planning your time correctly and writing quality content quickly.
Basic Tips on Term Paper Writing
How to create a term paper? Use these essential tips to answer this question and learn how to complete a research project and make an excellent term paper.
- Pick a broad issue to focus on in your term paper.
- Narrow it down to a more specific and particular idea.
- Define a general objective of your assignment.
- Conduct your preliminary literature review to create a bibliography page of used materials in the correct formatting style (MLA, Chicago, APA).
- Create a helpful outline. The outline is one of the essential parts of any piece of writing, and if you don’t pay enough attention to it, the structure of your term paper will not be clear, and some readers will get confused.
- Search for available sources (books or websites) and note all relevant facts in your own words. These sources might also be journals, articles, and even comic books and tv shows. Check out academic databases to find more.
- Finish the first draft of your term paper. There are always a few drafts of one paper since your ideas are constantly changing and require some revision from time to time.
- Proofread and edit your final draft before submitting it on the due date. Collect some reviews about your piece.
What to Include in Your Term Paper
Creating a term paper isn’t an easy task. You may follow our simple tips to improve your research writing and make a great piece.
Research and investigate. Look for valuable examples of exciting ideas in books or sites that you can use for your study — a sample of something you like may be a great way to get inspired and write your paper.
- Synthesize. Take the information you find and analyze it to make specific patterns or connections evident to every reader interested in your paper.
- Organize (provide all the details that you have in a proper structure).
- Analyze (present strong evidence to support your statements).
- Classify (ensure that your research is detailed and valuable).
- Examine. Indicate how your subject fits into a broader context, is related to other fields, or has any historical significance.
- Select and distill. Look at your materials and get rid of unnecessary information.
- Pick a point of view (indicate how evidence backs up your arguments).
How to Format Your Term Paper Draft?
Aside from a catchy title that states what your piece is all about, consider other essential parts and learn how to write an outline for a term paper. This outline works well with the research paper.
- An introductory section (share your thesis statement, objective, research approach, and analysis).
- Body paragraphs. Give a discussion of sources and analyze valuable information to support your stance in your term paper.
- The conclusion. This part exists to sum up your analysis and explain your work’s primary conclusion and further research.
- References (list all of your sources in the requested format (MLA, APA, Chicago, Harvard)).
How to Plan a Term Paper Writing Piece?
When a student creates a plan for his academic assignment, he should keep these basic steps in mind:
- establish your subject and reasoning of its importance;
- state your thesis for research paper;
- tell readers why your research material is relevant;
- determine the organization of all sections.
Remember to keep in mind the deadline for your paper. You don’t want to miss it just because you forgot.
Don’t forget about a proposal. It is an essential part of your work. A student can’t start a research piece before he sends a proposal to his instructor. Prove that your topic is relevant, and you may provide a good study.
How to Start a Term Paper?
If you wonder what a starting point in writing your term paper is, you should develop a suitable writing process system based on the most valuable tips gathered in this article.
1. Choose a good topic.
If you wonder how to write a history term paper, start choosing one of the research topics by doing the following.
- Pick the subject that interests you and gets you excited.
- Check something broader. After that, find a narrower perspective for the study of your paper.
- Create a hook for an essay to attract more readers to your paper.
- Come up with your thesis statement. It should not be more than 1-2 sentences that state your term paper’s main idea.
2. Settle on a unique idea for your paper
Settle on a unique idea for your paper. Consider it as a particular problem or question to focus your research and intriguingly create your paper. Conduct your research methodically, don’t forget about essential details, and remember about all the requirements. When looking for reliable sources for writing your term paper, choose only updated information.
3. Research useful, credible sources
To find the best credible sources, you may use your online college library, where almost every source is credible. Read general sources, both secondary and primary, about your theme and use their references to find out more about it; excellent primary sources include new journals, books, and various professional documents. When conducting your research, use these simple tips to succeed:
- Keep a bibliography
- Take notes
- Arrange information
- Include the required elements in the text
- Forget about plagiarism
- Place charts with topical data if needed
- Prepare more sources to choose the best ones and fit the required number
- Omit using news articles
4. Write a term paper outline
By preparing a detailed outline beforehand, you’ll get the opportunity to build a mind map of the future term paper. If you don’t have enough time for writing a detailed outline, you can quickly note the core points in each component of the term paper outline structure.
Even a short outline with practical phrases and ideas regarding the research question or problem will help you write your term paper proposal better and quality enough to get the title confirmation from your professor. The list of main structural components that every effective outline should develop involves:
Content: What you plan to involve?
Acknowledgment: Inspiration about the problem or subject
Literature review: Studies that helped to construct approach and methodology
Methodology: Research methods step-by-step
Results: Findings and measurable results
Recommendations: Ideas that could be developed in the future.
How to Write a Term Paper Proposal
Writing a quality proposal is the most critical step in the whole term paper writing process. The core purpose of writing a proposal is to make the review board accept your desired topic. Here are some tips on how to write a good proposal:
Make sure you understand the structure of your research paper proposal parts
Make sure you know the functions of your research paper proposal parts
Discuss the potential results
Ask somebody to review your proposal before submission
Make sure to edit your proposal according to the commentaries
How to Write a Term Paper Abstract
The abstract in the term paper takes the very first place in terms of the sections’ order. However, it is mostly written at the very end of the writing process. To write an abstract for the term paper, you need to summarize the paper’s content concisely. You can use the most popular abstract creation strategy, which is based on taking the key sentence or a few sentences from each section and putting them in sequence to get a summary.
Having the first draft created, you should reread the abstract and add transitions or some connecting phrases to increase the paper flow. The purpose of the abstract is to present the most crucial data using the fewest amount of words.
A proper abstract should avoid:
- Lengthy background
- Contextual information
- Redundant phrases
- Unnecessary adverbs and adjectives
- Repetitive information
- References to the literature
- Incomplete sentences
How to Finish a Term Paper
Once you’ve done with the introductory and main body sections of the term paper, it’s time to prepare the most challenging results and discussion sections. These sections usually are the last paragraphs of the essay.
The results and discussion sections’ core purpose is to provide and discuss the key findings regarding the chosen research question, comparison with some prior studies, causal arguments, study limitations, speculations, and deductive arguments.
This section usually involves many statistics and scientific data that should be presented concisely and in an understandable manner so that there wouldn’t be any questions occurring during reading it, even in people who are not very strong in science.
Good Term Paper Topics
Term papers pose a research question that should be answered throughout the paper content. That is why it is essential to choose the best topic to help you take a clear position and build argumentation. Here are some helpful topic ideas gathered in one place.
Term Paper Topics About Social Issues
- Airline security: Management safety tools
- Deconstruction of apartheid discourse
- Abortion and infanticide
- Reproductive rights and birth control
- Understanding the problem of child abuse
- The psychology of adoption in people
- History term paper topics
- Interwar period analysis
- Social, political, and historical background of worldwide slavery
- The history of social movements in America
- The cultural impact of being Native American
- Causes of the Civil War in America
- Ghosts of Vietnam War
You will find one more blog on sociology research topics in our library. Find out new ideas and come up with an interesting topic for your paper.
Technology Term Paper Topics
- Mobile security technology
- Cloud-based protection technologies
- Web application security
- International technology diffusion
- Fluid mixing technology
- Social shapes in technology
Business Term Paper Topics
- Business process improvements
- Business model management
- Developing effective, up-to-date business strategies
- Business research methods
- Business intelligence and its future
- Business cycles in the real company
Medicine Term Paper Topics
- Mindfulness in medicine
- Occupational and environmental medicine
- Evidence-based medicine
- Health and medicine cost-effectiveness
- The impact of medicine on human welfare
- How to teach and practice EBM
Need more medical research topics? No worries, we have the whole list of such topics for all our users. Look through it any time you wish.
How Long Is a Term Paper
The usual term paper’s length varies between 5 and 7 pages. If the term paper’s required length is more than five pages, there will be two paragraphs per page on average. Those essay paragraphs’ structure is similar to the basic paragraph structure with topic sentences, evidence, examples, and concluding sentences.
In case the term paper is organized with sub-headings then, each section should be of the same length. Put all sections together, and the whole term paper would be around two thousand words in total.
Term Paper Examples
To help you get an idea of how the quality A+ grade term paper should look like, here are some examples of the best term papers:
To help you get an idea of how the quality A+ grade term paper should look like, here are some examples of the best term papers:
Example 1: "Facebook and Employers"
Example 2: "Gender Equality"
You may need capstone ideas for your graduation project. Keep in mind that we have a special blog that will help you with this task.
How May Professional Service Help You With Academic Assignments?
After following the guide mentioned above, you’re ready to draft a high-quality paper that can impress teachers and earn you high marks. But sometimes it is not necessary to spend a lot of time on your new project. This academic task can be overwhelming.
The best way out of trouble is to turn to custom writing services and get their expert assistance online. The skilled writers may complete various academic assignments, including term papers, any essay type, thesis, and many others. All you need is to say 'write my paper.'
They use a correct citation, create an excellent proposal and high-quality academic piece. The writer, with the proper experience, can easily create a personal statement or case study.
A paper writing service works in many cases: you may give them business and general topics. An experienced writer can create a dissertation without any sign of plagiarism. They use helpful tools, reliable sources, know how to apply citation, use MLA, and other formats.
You easily place an order on the official website. You can see the price page on the site and decide if the pricing is okay for you. Buy your dissertation or another piece, and contact the writer personally if needed.
Don’t forget to read reviews before contacting any service. Feedback from those who had experience with a particular service can clarify what the company is going to offer you and if the quality will be as promised.
You may enjoy responsive customer support, original term paper without plagiarism, high-quality services, fast delivery, and other benefits with a reliable site. We guarantee these benefits to all of our customers at competitive rates.