204 Best Research Paper Topics for a Comfortable Writing
- 204 Best Research Paper Topics for a Comfortable Writing
- How to Select Research Paper Topics?
- Get a Little Self-Centered
- Brainstorm is always the answer
- Get background information
- Look for review articles
- Find your field and focus on it
- Do not hesitate to change topics
- 200 Most Brilliant Research Paper Topics
- Easy Research Paper Topics
- College Research Paper Topics
- Psychology Research Paper Topics for College
- Middle School Research Paper Topics
- Science Research Paper Topics
- Good Research Paper Topics
- Business Research Paper Topics
- History Research Paper Topics
- Research Paper Topics for Computer Science
- Literature Research Paper Topics
- Law Research Paper Topics
- Controversial Topics for Research Paper
- Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Research Paper Topics on Education
- HR Research Paper Topics
- People’s Rights Research Paper Topics
- Dispute Topics for Research Papers
- What is a Research Paper?
- How to Write a Research Paper?
- How to Write Its Outline
- How to Write an Introduction
- How to Write a Thesis Statement
- How to Write a Conclusion
- Things to Know about the Writing Process
- Exciting Research Paper: Writing Process Overview
- How to Cite Research Paper Ideas Correctly
- Need Help?
Things go the way we can pick relevant, up-to-date research paper topics these days. Be it an Instagram study or Kendrick Lamar’s influence on music in the last decade study – nowadays it is still a research writing. This piece of text will provide enough information and ideas to choose dazzling research topics for your academic writing.
If you consider traditional History or Literature studies worth attention, we have plenty of samples to choose good topics for these niches. You can skip a little guide on selecting interesting research paper topics in the following paragraph or look it through to better understand the process. In any case, let’s pick a fitting topic together!
How to Select Research Paper Topics?
Lucky you are if the themes for research papers were assigned to you by your professor. It makes the process more pleasant because a student already knows what source of information to search for. A massive piece of work is ready.
But sometimes we need to do this work ourselves. A student should find the appropriate books, articles, journals, and other sources to begin research paper writing. The primary aim is to develop the precious skills of selecting a research paper topic and conducting a study. Let’s find out how to manage it effectively.
Keep in mind that these tips are also useful for term papers writing. Pay attention to every point we prepared for our users.
Get a Little Self-Centered
When choosing a theme for a research paper, you should check those subject aspects that are easy and exciting for you. Does your professor of English want you to decide on the subject of the matter? Feel free to go in whichever direction your heart desires and prefer your research paper’s style.
Brainstorm is always the answer
This technique is helpful for almost any activity you face trouble with. In the case of research paper topics, write down every niche you want to investigate. You can do sports study, social media research, and many more. Then, concentrate on what exactly sparks your interest. After this, you will easily find ideas for the best research paper topics.
Get background information
If you do not understand the subject completely, never hesitate to contact your professor and ask thousands of questions. Your purpose is to understand the discipline enough and explore plenty of resources to get curious and ask questions. You may also subscribe to helpful online guides that help to complete any academic paper.
Look for review articles
Do not be lazy to read more and vary your resources. Professors provide a whole catalog of articles useful for the class. It is your guide. You will have to read most of these sources during the term, along with other materials. Use these articles to find the pros and cons of different subjects and pick the most engaging for you.
Find your field and focus on it
Once you know what to write about in a research paper, make sure your topic is neither broad nor narrow. If the research paper topic is too narrow, you might hardly find the appropriate literature. In-depth themes provide too many sources.
Do not hesitate to change topics
Your writing process will take plenty of efforts and time you will never get back. If you understand that the chosen topic does not leave you happy after an initial study of the theme, you can change it to the different one.
200 Most Brilliant Research Paper Topics
This article’s title promises to give you a list of the best research topic ideas, but only you decide what the best for you is. However, feel free to use any of the suggested topics and make your academic text striking.
Easy Research Paper Topics
- The origins of Instagram
- The rise of Marvel movies
- Hip-Hop culture in the 2010s
- Video games’ influence on pop-culture
- How ethical is cancel culture
- Art films’ impact on blockbuster movies
- How trainers changed the everyday fashion
- Slow food as a new way of consuming
- The beauty standards in the XXI century
- The way you contribute to your community
College Research Paper Topics
- Domestic political scandals
- Business struggles & triumphs in the specific market area
- College battles in the particular region
- Upcoming political regulations and their possible result and impact on society
- Pros and cons of hunting the wild deer in the specific area
- Mountaintop removal mining
- Healthcare privilege of youth in the United States
- Juvenile crime: contemporary methods of punishment & their effectiveness
- College tuition planning
- The role of gambling/online gaming in the life of a student
- Gay, bisexual, and transgender: differences & similarities
- The way menstruation affects young girls
- 10 ways to start protecting the environment
Psychology Research Paper Topics for College
- Non-experimental research methods in psychology
- Importance of following ethics in a psychological study
- Substance abuse
- Evolutionary aspects of mate preferences
- Advantages of social education in groups
- Factors that impact animal behavior/growth
- Eyewitness testimony & memory: the correlation between them
- Attention-deficit syndrome: myth to justify persons or reality?
- Is artificial intelligence going to dominate the planet?
- How do stereotypes appear in society?
- Steps necessary to end cyber crimes
- Methods criminals target cyber zones
- The components of modern sex education: Is it practical or not?
- Facts that prove monkeys are the carriers of AIDs
- Reasons why safe sex is the best way to avoid STDs
- Reasons for the females below 18 to make abortions
- The most dangerous dissociative disorders
- Gambling from the psychological perspective
If you need sociology topics to research, open one more blog we have. There are a lot of various themes and ideas to use for your paper.
Middle School Research Paper Topics
- The song that made people better
- How student’s ancestors arrived at where they are currently living
- Princess Diana & her dynasty
- President Obama and politics
- The Trail of Tears: What does it mean to the history of the US?
- How did the code talkers survive and won the war?
- Who is the greatest general that has lived on this planet?
- Efficient options to achieve academic goals
- Text messaging & teen literacy
- Walmart influence in the development of the US economies
- The methods ancient sailors navigated the globe
Science Research Paper Topics
- Reasons why flu virus is different from year to year
- Medical services to save babies born before 27 weeks
- Different types of stem cells and their usage
- Sleep disorders’ impact on the overall health condition
- Proof that screening for breast cancer is helpful
- A correlation between breastfeeding & improved baby’s health
- Stem cells to assist in reducing death rates in heart attack cases
- Several reasons why eating disorders can lead to the patient’s death
- The healthiest diet does not exist
- Stop smoking to improve mental health
- Never-ending society evolution
- “Avengers” from Marvel from the scientific point of view
Good Research Paper Topics
- Follow preventive measures against weapon
- Factors that define police brutality
- Three Strikes Law effects on the community
- Drug testing convenience for the patients
- Factors that motivate society to get involved in sexual harassment
- Greek letter society exists
- The techniques to fight obesity safely
- Prayer in schools: Be or not to be?
- Is there a way to minimize radioactive waste disposal?
- Children’s programming and commercial usage: legal or not?
- Social Security Reform: Possible Pros & Cons
- Measures taken to intensify the airport security after September 11th
- Magna Carta: How it changed England
- Stages involved in making a music video
- The ingredients found in some hot dogs
Business Research Paper Topics
- Compare & contrast the effectiveness of various managerial techniques
- Elucidate the pros of the small businesses
- Does franchising make it easier to run a business?
- What are the impacts of global warming on a specific type of business?
- Pros & cons of outsourcing services
- Old & rigid corporate traditions that save some popular companies
- Reasons to contribute some company’s assets to charity
- Useful techniques to attract the attention of a celebrity in the marketing campaign
- The impact of Burger King on the US economies
- The Great Depression VS the Recession
- The Manhattan Project: Expectations & reality
- How communism affects business in Northern Korea
History Research Paper Topics
- Trade-in Roman Empire
- Central Asian art: Its influence on contemporary art
- The correlation between Greek culture & Roman culture
- The correlation between history & culture on the example of Japan
- Different monetary systems’ impacts on the development of humanity
- The act of Green Revolution in the history of humankind
- The most influential military strategy of all times
- Will humans face WWIII in the closest few years?
- Is liberalism the most optimal solution?
- What are some of the consequences of the women’s suffrage movements?
- The impact of mass media in the US war attempts in Vietnam
- How Genghis Khan conquered Persia
- Martin Luther King’s protest against the Catholic Church
- Aztec Empire and its architecture
- Factors that initiated WWII
Research Paper Topics for Computer Science
- Multiple-Access Control Protocol
- Symbian mobile OS: Main benefits
- Methods to measure universal intelligence
- Reasons to choose Google apps
- What makes Macs safer than Windows computers?
- When will humanity start implementing brain chips?
- Confidential data storage & detection: Associated risks
- The effectiveness of online grammar checkers & plagiarism detectors
- self-defending networks: Their importance
- The most useful way to connect to the internet and use your email
- Exploring how GPS functions
- Controlling airport security via computer technologies
- The primary dangerous computer viruses
- The basics of search engine optimization (SEO)
Literature Research Paper Topics
- Duma’s “Three Musketeers” are not historically accurate in many senses
- The way Harry Potter reflects the ideal of the time
- Discuss and evaluate the allegory of 2 random novels
- The imagery within the novel: The basic uses
- Explore the reasons why some authors use similes/metaphors
- Which factors help to identify the genre of the certain novel?
- What are the differences between a horror story and a thriller?
- Can you share a new aspect of prose based on the independent study?
- A historical event of your interest depicted in different stories
- Explain how a particular literary genre emerged and developed
- Women’s suffrage movement in prose
- Alchemy, as described in some literary pieces
- Books on Joan of Arc: Her image in them
- The down of literature in the current society
Maybe you should write something on medicine and not have any idea about your title. So, browse our med research topics, they will help for sure.
Law Research Paper Topics
- International Criminal Law Court Tools: Evaluate their effectiveness
- Comparative criminal procedure: report & analysis with details
- The mission of WIPO: World Intellectual Property Organization
- The US Copyright Office: Does it help the local writers to defend their business?
- What does a European Patent Office do?
- Why is it important to learn GATT documents?
- Women’s authority in different parts of the planet
- Inter-American Human Rights Library: Exciting outtakes & full report
- Mass communications law
- ECOLEX: A gateway to environmental law
- Election laws of the United States
- Islamic law: The way people around the globe perceive it
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
- Students must obtain a right to opt-out of standardized testing
- NSA can purge the gathered phone records for safety purposes
- Should parents be stricter?
- Is it ethical to force humans to attend church?
- Is it legal to do abortions?
- Circumstances under which a biological father replaces a child’s mom
- Teaching teenagers about sex is immoral
- It is okay for contemporary partners to live together before marriage
- Ideas on free-ranging parenting
- Society would be better without organized religion
- Technology affects religion
- Overeating VS consuming an insufficient amount of food
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- DADT repeal and its significance
- The United States border control: The collected insights & analysis
- Advantages & disadvantages of breastfeeding
- Child adoption by a gay family
- The average wage in the US
- Why is it immoral for an old lady to date a young boy?
- Money is not the root of all evil but the way people use them
- Legalizing prostitution does not make sense
- Scholars should be given less homework
- Curfews help to keep young adults out of trouble
Research Paper Topics on Education
- E-Learning at home VS traditional education
- The meaning of standardized tests
- No Child Left Behind Act: Assessment of its effectiveness
- Does grade inflation take place in the United States?
- Living on campus help to develop independence
- Reading & literacy in the early days
- Curriculum, teaching, and assessment nowadays
- History of schooling statement
- Steps to complex language learning at home
- The efficiency of self-regulated schooling
- Learning style in limited groups
- Urban education VS village education
- General tests and their effectiveness in various institutions
HR Research Paper Topics
- The impact of feminism on the contemporary employment culture
- The role of business ethics in the company of student’s choice
- Workplace diversity helps create a productive work environment
- The possibility of erasing one’s memory
- Making a doll out of a person
- Members of Congress must have specific term limits
- CEOs receive unfairly huge wages
People’s Rights Research Paper Topics
- Social dramas in the area of living
- Why do so many girls get pregnant at an early age?
- Is there racial discrimination in present schools?
- Should a placement by academic ability take place?
- Police have a right to use drones to record the private life of citizens
- Children’s interests in various parts of the Earth
- Humans should marry someone with the same political viewpoint
- Methods to prevent high school bullying
Dispute Topics for Research Papers
- White-collar jobs are losing their significance: Main reasons
- Crime taking place every day in some industries
- The impact of plastic bag usage on present-day consumers and their health
- Drug & alcohol abuse among children
- Homeschooling & its consequences
- Sexual assault: Various methods to punish it
- Substance abuse and its consequences
- How to deal with the narcissistic personality disorder
What is a Research Paper?
A research paper is an N-page, size 12 font college-level document written for several weeks. Why is it important? It trains several crucial skills to improve your language and other traits:
- Critical thinking
- English Writing
How to Write a Research Paper?
Writing a research paper is easy using several tips. To start with, picking exceptional research topics for academic writing is half the way. Explore how to create each component of this assignment, including a thesis statement, outline, and others.
How to Write Its Outline
An outline of a research paper is a primary thing to include before the process begins. It looks like a map of your work. Check the necessary sections of the paper. In the case of a research paper, a clear outline looks this way:
- Title page
How to Write an Introduction
It is the opening section of the research paper, and we can call this paragraph the face of the entire document. Begin with a clear hook to make a reader go through it to the end. Use one word or collocation:
- Joke or anecdote
- Surprising Fact
- Useful Statistics
- Allegories & Metaphors
- Famous person quote
- Literary quotation
- Rhetorical question
How to Write a Thesis Statement
A thesis statement is the foundation of any academic assignment. So, let's see how to write a thesis statement for a research paper. It reflects the main argument of the entire text. Postpone writing a thesis statement until the last minute: once you have an overall picture, it is better to come up with the thesis statement. It should be clear, concise, and to-the-point. Check the correctness and grammar mistakes of this section.
How to Write a Conclusion
End up your paper by summarizing the main points (the topic sentences from each body paragraph). Rewrite the thesis and propose an impressive fact or rhetorical question to summarize crucial facts that make the reader want to continue the personal study.
Things to Know about the Writing Process
Is there something more complicated, like a term paper to complete? It is possible to learn more about term papers here. Visit this link and find the answers. Writing an essay like a research paper is never fast and easy. Once you consider the subjects to write about for a research paper, there are things you should remember while working on the chosen topic:
- Do in-depth examination
- Prefer several exciting subjects to choose from
- Make a plan of your work
- Write all sections that include body parts and conclusion
- Cite related resources
- Edit & proofread the writing to polish your English and avoid grammar mistakes
Many scholars believe an initial couple of steps are the least problematic. It is not true. An extensive scientific study and proper topic ideas for academic papers are the steps that define the whole process. The better and clearer picture is in a person’s head, the easier writing will be. Brainstorming activities and personal coaching might help. It is crucial to write a research paper because it shapes the author’s abstract thoughts into the paper’s topic.
Keep in mind that it is necessary to implement different statistical analysis methods while your research. So, prepare for it beforehand.
Exciting Research Paper: Writing Process Overview
Without decent content, a good research paper topic will not make sense. The outline is the thing every scholar should begin the writing of a research paper. An extended research paper outline helps structure the writer’s thoughts, preventing from getting lost in the middle of the process.
Another thing you should plan is the writing style and formatting. Once you obtain the prompt, try to adjust the academic style (APA, MLA, Chicago, and more) with numerous writing and formatting services. The APA style is the one most research paper writers use.
Once an author picks one of the easy subjects, MLA or another style, one more challenge comes out: preparing the introductory sentence of the beginning, which is called a research problem, thesis statement, or hypothesis. The primary aim of a statement is to respond to this question.
The final structure of the research paper is stiff, and it serves a particular purpose. The main goal of a tricky structure and formatting is to discover credible resources without obstacles and help organize the ideas you have regarding the picked issue. Remember the structure of an empiric research paper – it works no matter which themes to write about for a research paper the author prefers:
- Cover page
- Abstract (1/3 of a page)
- Table of contents
- Methodology (equipment + tools)
- Results & Discussion (R&D)
- Appendices (the list of images, graphs, reports, tables, and other visual elements applied to support the findings)
Do you find it tricky? Experts recommend picking an appropriate language style for your research paper and focusing on every section separately. Write the project step-by-step rather than complete a research paper at one time.
How to Cite Research Paper Ideas Correctly
Citing/Referencing the primary sources in this type of academic paper is essential. Without recalling the authors of the original resources decently, students will lose credits.
Here are several recommendations for research papers in our guide to preventing you from falling into the trap associated with citing.
“Keep track of every book, scholarly article, academic journal, newspaper, magazine, video, website, or other resources you attend to obtain relevant information. Taking notes is a clue to success with a research paper.
Always begin with the draft. It is the map of your paper. Check whether each bibliography entry has such information as the work’s complete title, writer’s name, place of publication, publisher, and date of publication.
It is a good idea to have some note cards. Use them to write down the information about the selected sources in the top right corner to see if the bibliography list of the paper matches it in the end.”
Prof. Marry Johnson, an expert English editor at WriteMyPaper4Me
We hope that your following research paper won’t bring you any difficulties, and you will easily select a perfect topic and enjoy the writing. Follow our guide and keep in mind each student can count on the online help. Contact us, subscribe to our newsletters, and get the ultimate assistance with the homework of any level in time.
- What is the best topic for a research paper? There are plenty of topics to choose from, and only you decide what is the best one. Pay attention to what sparks your interest and engages you in. If you are to select a topic yourself, your teacher will consider almost any of them as the best.
- Is a research paper the same as an informative essay? The information of a research paper is generalized, and it doesn't require an innovative conclusion.The informative essay deals with the necessity to clarify and present information on the topic to a reader.