From the first day of their university life, students know that they will have to write a lot - each professor requires students to write an essay or a research paper. It appears that choosing research paper topics is the most difficult process. Students cannot pick the first idea they see on the web or in the print media – it is about choosing good research paper topics on the relevant issues.
If you need to write only one paper at the end of the term, you can breathe out because you are blessed. If more – a great solution exists. Turn to the professional online writing company to get any college assignment solved within the set period of time! It is time to answer some questions. How much time will you spend on finishing your research paper and what topics for research papers should gain teacher’s appreciation?
Good Research Paper Topics: Things to Know about the Writing Process
Is there something more complicated like a term paper to complete? It is possible to find out more about students’ term papers here. Writing an essay is never fast and easy. Once you decide on the topics to write about for a research paper, there are things you should keep in mind while working on the chosen problem:
- Do in-depth research
- Select several interesting research paper topics to choose from
- Make a plan of your work
- Write introduction, body, and conclusion
- Cite relevant sources
- Edit & proofread the writing
Many students believe an initial couple of steps are the least problematic. It is not true. A broad scientific research and list of the good research topic ideas are the steps that define the whole writing process. The better and clearer the picture is in a student’s head, the easier the process of writing will be. Brainstorming activities might help. It is a crucial moment in writing a research paper because it shapes students’ abstract thoughts into a topic of the paper.
Interesting Research Paper Topics: Writing Process Overview
Without a proper content, good research paper topics will not make sense. The outline is the thing every student should start with.
An extended research paper outline assists in structuring the writer’s thoughts, and it prevents from getting lost in the middle of the process.
Another thing a student should plan ahead is the writing style. Once you obtain the prompt, try to adjust the academic format with the help of numerous free online writing guides. The APA format is the one most research paper writers use.
Once a student picks one of the interesting research paper topics, another challenge comes out: preparing the primary sentence of the introduction, which is called a research problem, thesis statement, or hypothesis. The primary goal is to respond to this question or defend a thesis.
A structure of this type of academic assignment is different from the one students might have seen before when dealing with high school essays.
Even though a structure is stiff, it serves a particular purpose. The main goal of a tricky structure is to discover credible information without obstacles and help organize the ideas a student has regarding the chosen problem. Remember the structure of an empiric paper – it works no matter which topics to write about for a research paper the author selects:
- Cover page
- Abstract (1/3 of a page)
- Table of contents
- Methodology (equipment + tools)
- Results & Discussion (R&D)
- Appendices (the list of images, graphs, tables, and other visual elements applied to support the findings)
A research paper example:
Do you find it tricky? Experts recommend focusing on every section separately. Write the project step-by-step rather than do everything at one time.
Find more advanced writing tips shared by the most successful high school/college students who used to survive their hardest academic years!
Discover Ways to Cite Good Research Topic Ideas Correctly
Citing/Referencing the primary sources in this type of academic writing is important. Without recalling the authors of the original sources in a proper manner, students will lose credits. Referencing is an integral part of a grading rubric.
A bibliography is a full list of sources the writer uses to retrieve necessary information for the specific college assignment. The last page is fully dedicated to the list of applied sources, and teachers call it Bibliography, Reference Page, or Works Cited depending on the selected formatting. Sometimes, students have to present a Literature Review. Unlike a bibliography, which simply mentions all the cited authors and their works’ details, a Literature Review contains summaries of each source.
Here are several recommendations to prevent you from falling into the trap associated with citing/referencing.
“Keep track of every book, scholarly article, academic journal, newspaper, magazine, video, or website you attend to obtain relevant information. Taking notes is a clue to success. Put down both future direct/indirect in-text citations and the applied source’s details to minimize the job in the end.
Always begin with the draft. Check whether each bibliography entry has such information as the work’s complete title, writer’s name, place of publication, publisher, and date of publication.
It is a good idea to have some note cards. Use them to write down the information about the selected sources in the top right corner to see if the bibliography list matches it in the end.
In most cases, it makes sense to list the sources in alphabetical order. Use online citation generators from professional academic writers, but double-check their accuracy with the help of an expert editor.”
Prof. Marry Johnson, an expert editor at WriteMyPaper4Me
How to Select Research Paper Topics to Impress a Teacher?
Lucky you are if the topics for research papers were assigned to you by your professor. It makes the writing process more pleasant because a student already knows what sort of information to search for. A huge part of work is ready. A student should find the most relevant books, articles, journals, and other sources to start writing. The primary goal is to develop the extremely valuable skill of selecting a paper topic + conducting a study. For some students, a selection of topic is the simplest part. It means these people vividly see the big picture and know which aspects of it need to be emphasized. What should students who struggle to find the right topic for their paper do?
Get a little self-centered
It may sound not too helpful, but at the point of choosing a topic, you should think about those aspects of the subject that are easy and interesting for you. Does your professor want you to decide on the subject of matter? Feel free to go in whichever direction your heart desires. If you think that some topic is too easy, do not give up on it – other students might find your ideas fascinating when everything is done.
Get background information
Here we come back to that point where you should see the big picture. If for some reason you do not understand the subject completely, never hesitate to contact your professor and ask thousands of questions. Your goal is to understand the discipline well enough to get curious and ask even more questions.
Look for review articles
This is a good trick for students who are not lazy to read more. Usually, professors give students a list of research articles or books that they find useful for the class. You will have to read most of this literature during the course of the term. Although research articles are very important for students’ learning, they are sometimes complicated & twisted, so try to search for review articles.
Review articles are mostly published in academic journals. These articles do not report new experimental results; they analyze study that was published before by other authors. Why are review articles so helpful? They explain things you could have missed while reading the original research article. Authors of review articles elaborate topics of research articles and often suggest new research directions. That is exactly the kind of literature you need to get a thorough overview of the existing literature on your discipline.
Find your niche and focus on it!
Once you have an idea of what you want to write about, make sure your topic is neither broad nor narrow. Both options are not good enough because it will be hard to choose the right literature. When the topic is too broad, you have all the book and articles in the world to cite and get ideas from.
But too many articles contain too many opposite ideas, so it is easy to get lost. If the topic is too narrow, you might find it hard to find the relevant literature. In your paper, support your ideas by providing evidence from reliable sources. It is bad if you have no sources – a student must make sure he chose a topic that allows being flexible.
140 Most Brilliant Research Paper Topics
Research Paper Topics for College Students
- Domestic political scandals
- Social dramas in the area of living
- Business struggles & great triumphs in certain market area
- College battles in the chosen region
- Upcoming political regulations and their possible impact on society
- Pros & cons of hunting the wild deer in the specific area
- The impact of plastic bag usage on modern consumers and their health
- Mountaintop removal mining
- Healthcare rights of youth in the United States
- Juvenile crime: contemporary methods of punishment & their effectiveness
Psychology Research Paper Topics for College Students
- Non-experimental research methods in psychology
- Importance of following ethics in psychological research
- Substance abuse
- Evolutionary aspects of mate preferences
- Advantages of social learning in groups
- Factors that impact animal behavior/development
- Eyewitness testimony & memory: the correlation between them
- Attention-deficit syndrome: myth to justify people or reality?
- Is artificial intelligence going to dominate the world?
- How do stereotypes appear in society?
Research Paper Topics for High School
- White collar jobs are losing its significance: Main reasons
- Crime taking place every day in some industries
- Steps necessary to stop cyber crimes
- The ways criminals target cyber zones
- The components of the modern sex education: Is it effective or not?
- Why do so many girls get pregnant at the early age?
- How comes that sexually transmitted diseases are on the rise?
- Facts that prove monkeys are the carriers of AIDs
- Reasons why a safe sex is the best way to avoid STDs
- Reasons for the females below 18 to make abortions
Research Paper Topics for Middle School
- The song that made the world better
- The way student contributes to his/her community
- How student’s ancestors arrived at where they are currently living
- Princess Diana & her dynasty
- President Obama and politics
- The Trail of Tears: What does it mean to the history of the US?
- How did the code talkers survive and won the war?
- Who is the greatest general that has lived on this planet?
- 10 ways to start protecting the environment
- Ways to achieve academic goals
Science Research Paper Topics
- Reasons why flu virus is different from year to year
- Ways to save babies born before 27 weeks
- Different types of stem cells and their usage
- Sleep disorders’ impact on the overall health condition
- Proof that screening for breast cancer is helpful
- A correlation between breastfeeding & improved baby’s health
- Stem cells to assist in reducing death rates in heart attack cases
- Several reasons why eating disorders can lead to the patient's death
- The healthiest diet does not exist
- Stop smoking to improve mental health
Good Research Paper Topics
- Preventive measures against weapon
- Factors that define police brutality
- Three Strikes Law effects on community
- Drug testing benefits for the patients
- Factors that motivate people to get involved in sexual harassment
- Greek letter society exists
- Prayer in schools: Be or not to be?
- Is there a way to minimize radioactive waste disposal?
- Children’s programming and commercial usage: legal or not?
- Social Security Reform: Possible Advantages & Disadvantages
Business Research Paper Topics
- Workplace diversity is helpful in creating a productive work environment
- Compare & contrast the effectiveness of various managerial techniques
- Elucidate the benefits of the small businesses
- Does franchising make it easier to start a business?
- What are the impacts of global warming on specific types of businesses?
- Pros & cons of outsourcing
- The role of business ethics in the company of student’s choice
- Old & rigid corporate traditions that save some modern companies
- Reasons to contribute some company’s assets to charity
- Ways to attract the attention of a celebrity to take part in the marketing campaign
History Research Paper Topics
- Central Asian art: Its influence on modern art
- The correlation between Greek culture & Roman culture
- The correlation between history & culture on the example of Japan
- Different monetary systems’ roles in the development of humanity
- The role of Green Revolution in the history of mankind
- The most effective military strategy of all times
- Factors that initiated World War II
- Will people face World War III in the closest few years?
- Is liberalism the most optimal solution?
- What are some of the consequences of the women’s suffrage movements?
Research Paper Topics for Computer Science Students
- Multiple-Access Control Protocol
- Symbian mobile OS: Main advantages
- Ways to measure universal intelligence
- Reasons to choose Google apps
- What makes Macs safer than Windows computers?
- When will humanity start implementing brain chips?
- Confidential data storage & detection: Associated risks
- The effectiveness of online grammar checkers & plagiarism detectors
- Self-defending networks: Their importance
- The most useful way to connect to the internet
Literature Research Paper Topics
- Duma’s “Three Musketeers” are not historically accurate in many senses
- The way Harry Potter reflects the ideal of the time
- Discuss and evaluate the allegory of 2 random novels
- Imagery within novel: The basic uses
- Explore the reasons why some authors use similes/metaphors
- Which factors help to identify the genre of the certain novel?
- What are the differences between a horror story and a thriller?
- Can you share a new aspect of literature based on independent research?
- A historical event of your interest depicted in different stories
- Explain how a particular literary genre emerged and developed
International Law Research Paper Topics
- International Criminal Law Court Tools: Evaluate their effectiveness
- Comparative criminal procedure: Detailed description & analysis
- The role of WIPO: World Intellectual Property Organization
- The US Copyright Office: Does it really help the local writers to defend their rights?
- What a European Patent Office does?
- Why is it important to study GATT documents?
- Women’s human rights in different parts of the world
- Children’s rights in various parts of the world
- Inter-American Human Rights Library: Interesting outtakes & their analysis
- ECOLEX: A gateway to environmental law
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
- Police has a right to use drones to record private life of citizens
- Students must obtain a right to opt out of standardized testing if they do not find it necessary
- NSA can purge the gathered phone records for safety purposes
- Should modern parents be severer?
- Is it ethical to force people to attend church?
- Is it legal to do abortions?
- Circumstances under which a biological father replaces a child’s mom
- Teaching students about the sex is immoral
- It is okay for contemporary partners to live together before marriage
- Ideas on free-ranging parenting
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- DADT repeal and its significance
- The United States border control: The collected insights & analysis
- The negative impact of feminism on the development of modern culture
- Advantages & disadvantages of breastfeeding
- Child adoption by a gay family
- The average wage in the US
- Why is it immoral for an old lady to date a young boy?
- Money is not the root of all evil but the way people spend them
- Legalizing prostitution does not make sense
- Students should be given less homework
Research Paper Topics on Education
- E-Learning VS traditional learning
- The meaning of standardized tests
- No Child Left Behind Act: Assessment of its effectiveness
- Drug & alcohol abuse among high school children
- Homeschooling & its consequences
- Does a grade inflation take place in the United States?
- Is there racial discrimination in modern high schools?
- Should a placement by academic ability take place?
- Methods to prevent high school bullying
- Living on campus help to develop independence
We hope that your next research paper won’t bring you any difficulties, and you will easily select a perfect topic and enjoy the writing process. Keep in mind each student can count on online help. Professional writing service will solve problems with homework at any level without any delays. Good luck!