From the first day of their university life, students know that they will have to write a lot - each professor requires students to write an essay or a research paper. It appears that choosing research paper topics is the most difficult process. Students cannot pick the first idea they see on the web or in the print media – it is about choosing good research paper topics on the relevant issues.
If you need to write only one paper at the end of the term, you can breathe out because you are blessed. If more – a great solution exists. Turn to the professional online writing company to get any college assignment solved within the set period of time! It is time to answer some questions. How much time will you spend on finishing your research paper and what topics for research papers should gain teacher’s appreciation?
What is a Research Paper?
A research paper is an N-page, size 12 font college-level document to be written due in several weeks. Why is it important? It trains several crucial skills:
- Critical thinking
How to Write a Research Paper?
Choosing interesting research topics for high school students is half the way. Explore how to write each component of this assignment:
How to write a research paper outline
An outline is a primary thing to show up before the process begins. It is a roadmap that will not let you stuck in the middle of the writing process. List the names of the sections in order and explain what each part of the project should cover. In case of a research paper, an outline looks this way:
- Title page
How to write an introduction for a research paper
An introduction is the opening part of the assignment, and we can call this paragraph the face of the entire document. Start it with a hook to make a reader go through it to the end:
- Joke or anecdote
- Famous person quote
- Literary quotation
- Rhetorical question
End up the introduction with a thesis. Include a transition word to introduce the 1st body paragraph.
How to write a thesis for a research paper
A thesis statement is the foundation of any academic assignment. It reflects the main argument of the entire text. Postpone writing it until the last minute: once you have an overall picture, it is easier to come up with the thesis. It should be clear, concise, and to-the-point.
How to write a conclusion for a research paper
End up your paper by summarizing the main points (those are the topic sentences from each body paragraphs). Rewrite the thesis and propose an impressive fact or rhetorical question to make the reader want to continue personal research.
Good Research Paper Topics: Things to Know about the Writing Process
Is there something more complicated like a term paper to complete? It is possible to find out more about students’ term papers here. Writing an essay is never fast and easy. Once you decide on the topics to write about for a research paper, there are things you should keep in mind while working on the chosen problem:
- Do in-depth research
- Select several interesting research paper topics to choose from
- Make a plan of your work
- Write introduction, body, and conclusion
- Cite relevant sources
- Edit & proofread the writing
Many students believe an initial couple of steps are the least problematic. It is not true. A broad scientific research and list of the good research topic ideas are the steps that define the whole writing process. The better and clearer the picture is in a student’s head, the easier the process of writing will be. Brainstorming activities might help. It is a crucial moment in writing a research paper because it shapes students’ abstract thoughts into a topic of the paper.
Interesting Research Paper Topics: Writing Process Overview
- Without a proper content, good college research paper topics will not make sense. The outline is the thing every student should start with.
- An extended research paper outline assists in structuring the writer’s thoughts, and it prevents from getting lost in the middle of the process.
- Another thing a student should plan ahead is the writing style. Once you obtain the prompt, try to adjust the academic format with the help of numerous free online writing guides. The APA format is the one most research paper writers use.
- Once a student picks one of the easy research paper topics, another challenge comes out: preparing the primary sentence of the introduction, which is called a research problem, thesis statement, or hypothesis. The primary goal is to respond to this question or defend a thesis.
- A structure of this type of academic assignment is different from the one students might have seen before when dealing with high school essays.
Even though a structure is stiff, it serves a particular purpose. The main goal of a tricky structure is to discover credible information without obstacles and help organize the ideas a student has regarding the chosen problem. Remember the structure of an empiric paper – it works no matter which topics to write about for a research paper the author selects:
- Cover page
- Abstract (1/3 of a page)
- Table of contents
- Methodology (equipment + tools)
- Results & Discussion (R&D)
- Appendices (the list of images, graphs, tables, and other visual elements applied to support the findings)
A research paper example:
Do you find it tricky? Experts recommend focusing on every section separately. Write the project step-by-step rather than do everything at one time.
Find more advanced writing tips shared by the most successful high school/college students who used to survive their hardest academic years!
Discover Ways to Cite Good Research Topic Ideas Correctly
Citing/Referencing the primary sources in this type of academic writing is important. Without recalling the authors of the original sources in a proper manner, students will lose credits. Referencing is an integral part of a grading rubric.
A bibliography is a full list of sources the writer uses to retrieve necessary information for the specific college assignment. The last page is fully dedicated to the list of applied sources, and teachers call it Bibliography, Reference Page, or Works Cited depending on the selected formatting. Sometimes, students have to present a Literature Review. Unlike a bibliography, which simply mentions all the cited authors and their works’ details, a Literature Review contains summaries of each source.
Here are several recommendations to prevent you from falling into the trap associated with citing/referencing.
“Keep track of every book, scholarly article, academic journal, newspaper, magazine, video, or website you attend to obtain relevant information. Taking notes is a clue to success. Put down both future direct/indirect in-text citations and the applied source’s details to minimize the job in the end.
Always begin with the draft. Check whether each bibliography entry has such information as the work’s complete title, writer’s name, place of publication, publisher, and date of publication.
It is a good idea to have some note cards. Use them to write down the information about the selected sources in the top right corner to see if the bibliography list matches it in the end.
In most cases, it makes sense to list the sources in alphabetical order. Use online citation generators from professional academic writers, but double-check their accuracy with the help of an expert editor.”
Prof. Marry Johnson, an expert editor at WriteMyPaper4Me
How to Select Research Paper Topics to Impress a Teacher?
Lucky you are if the topics for research papers were assigned to you by your professor. It makes the writing process more pleasant because a student already knows what sort of information to search for. A huge part of work is ready. A student should find the most relevant books, articles, journals, and other sources to start writing. The primary goal is to develop the extremely valuable skill of selecting a paper topic + conducting a study. For some students, a selection of topic is the simplest part. It means these people vividly see the big picture and know which aspects of it need to be emphasized. What should students who struggle to find the right topic for their paper do?
Get a little self-centered
It may sound not too helpful, but at the point of choosing a topic, you should think about those subject aspects that are easy and interesting for you. Does your professor want you to decide on the subject of matter? Feel free to go in whichever direction your heart desires.
Get background information
Here we come back to the point where you should see the big picture. If you do not understand the subject completely, never hesitate to contact your professor and ask thousands of questions. Your goal is to understand the discipline enough to get curious and ask questions.
Look for review articles
Do not be lazy to read more. Professors give students a list of research articles or books useful for the class. You will have to read most of this literature during the course of the term along with other materials. Stick to these simple tips:
- Pick up-to-date sources (do not retrieve information from those older than 5 years);
- Make sure the sources contain information related to both specific course and topic;
- The research articles can be complicated & twisted - try to search for review articles. Review articles are mostly published in academic journals;
- Ask the teacher whether the selected sources will work.
Find your niche and focus on it!
Once you have an idea of what you want to write about, make sure your topic is neither broad nor narrow. If the topic is too narrow, you might find it hard to find the relevant literature. Broad topics offer too many sources.
In your paper, support your ideas by providing evidence from reliable sources:
- Academic journals
- Scholarly articles
It is bad if you have no sources – a student must make sure he chose a topic that allows being flexible.
200 Most Brilliant Research Paper Topics
Research Paper Topics for College Students
- Domestic political scandals
- Business struggles & great triumphs in certain market area
- College battles in the chosen region
- Upcoming political regulations and their possible impact on society
- Pros & cons of hunting the wild deer in the specific area
- Mountaintop removal mining
- Healthcare rights of youth in the United States
- Juvenile crime: contemporary methods of punishment & their effectiveness
- College tuition planning
- The role of gambling/online gaming in the life of a student
- Gay, bisexual, and transgender - differences & similarities
- The way menstruation affects young girls
Psychology Research Paper Topics for College Students
- Non-experimental research methods in psychology
- Importance of following ethics in psychological research
- Substance abuse
- Evolutionary aspects of mate preferences
- Advantages of social learning in groups
- Factors that impact animal behavior/development
- Eyewitness testimony & memory: the correlation between them
- Attention-deficit syndrome: myth to justify people or reality?
- Is artificial intelligence going to dominate the world?
- How do stereotypes appear in society?
- Steps necessary to stop cyber crimes
- The ways criminals target cyber zones
- The components of the modern sex education: Is it effective or not?
- How comes that sexually transmitted diseases are on the rise?
- Facts that prove monkeys are the carriers of AIDs
- Reasons why safe sex is the best way to avoid STDs
- Reasons for the females below 18 to make abortions
- The most dangerous dissociative disorders
- Gambling from the psychological perspective
Research Paper Topics for Middle School
- The song that made the world better
- The way student contributes to his/her community
- How student’s ancestors arrived at where they are currently living
- Princess Diana & her dynasty
- President Obama and politics
- The Trail of Tears: What does it mean to the history of the US?
- How did the code talkers survive and won the war?
- Who is the greatest general that has lived on this planet?
- 10 ways to start protecting the environment
- Ways to achieve academic goals
- Text messaging & modern teen literacy
- Wal-Mart role in the development of the US economies
- The origins of EBM
- The ways ancient sailors navigated the globe
Science Research Paper Topics
- Reasons why flu virus is different from year to year
- Ways to save babies born before 27 weeks
- Different types of stem cells and their usage
- Sleep disorders’ impact on the overall health condition
- Proof that screening for breast cancer is helpful
- A correlation between breastfeeding & improved baby’s health
- Stem cells to assist in reducing death rates in heart attack cases
- Several reasons why eating disorders can lead to the patient's death
- The healthiest diet does not exist
- Stop smoking to improve mental health
- Never-ending human evolution
- “Avengers” from Marvel from the scientific point of view
Good Research Paper Topics
- Preventive measures against weapon
- Factors that define police brutality
- Three Strikes Law effects on the community
- Drug testing benefits for the patients
- Factors that motivate people to get involved in sexual harassment
- Greek letter society exists
- Prayer in schools: Be or not to be?
- Is there a way to minimize radioactive waste disposal?
- Children’s programming and commercial usage: legal or not?
- Social Security Reform: Possible Advantages & Disadvantages
- Measures taken to intensify the airport security after September 11th
- Magna Carta: How it changed England
- Stages involved in making a music video
- The ingredients found in some hotdogs
Business Research Paper Topics
- Compare & contrast the effectiveness of various managerial techniques
- Elucidate the benefits of the small businesses
- Does franchising make it easier to start a business?
- What are the impacts of global warming on specific types of businesses?
- Pros & cons of outsourcing
- Old & rigid corporate traditions that save some modern companies
- Reasons to contribute some company’s assets to charity
- Ways to attract the attention of a celebrity to take part in the marketing campaign
- The impact of Burger King on the US economies
- The Great Depression VS the Great Recession
- The Manhattan Project: Expectations & reality
- The ways Communism affect business in Northern Korea
History Research Paper Topics
- Central Asian art: Its influence on modern art
- The correlation between Greek culture & Roman culture
- The correlation between history & culture on the example of Japan
- Different monetary systems’ roles in the development of humanity
- The role of Green Revolution in the history of mankind
- The most effective military strategy of all times
- Factors that initiated World War II
- Will people face World War III in the closest few years?
- Is liberalism the most optimal solution?
- What are some of the consequences of the women’s suffrage movements?
- The impact of mass media in the US war attempts in Vietnam
- How Genghis Khan conquered Persia
- Martin Luther King’s protest against the Catholic Church
- Aztec Empire and its architecture
Research Paper Topics for Computer Science Students
- Multiple-Access Control Protocol
- Symbian mobile OS: Main advantages
- Ways to measure universal intelligence
- Reasons to choose Google apps
- What makes Macs safer than Windows computers?
- When will humanity start implementing brain chips?
- Confidential data storage & detection: Associated risks
- The effectiveness of online grammar checkers & plagiarism detectors
- Self-defending networks: Their importance
- The most useful way to connect to the internet
- Exploring how GPS system functions
- Controlling airport security via modern technologies
- The top dangerous computer viruses
- The basics of search engine optimization (SEO)
Literature Research Paper Topics
- Duma’s “Three Musketeers” are not historically accurate in many senses
- The way Harry Potter reflects the ideal of the time
- Discuss and evaluate the allegory of 2 random novels
- The imagery within novel: The basic uses
- Explore the reasons why some authors use similes/metaphors
- Which factors help to identify the genre of the certain novel?
- What are the differences between a horror story and a thriller?
- Can you share a new aspect of literature based on independent research?
- A historical event of your interest depicted in different stories
- Explain how a particular literary genre emerged and developed
- Women’s suffrage movement in literature
- Alchemy as described in some literary pieces
- Books on Joan of Arc: Her image in them
- The down of literature in the modern world
International Law Research Paper Topics
- International Criminal Law Court Tools: Evaluate their effectiveness
- Comparative criminal procedure: Detailed description & analysis
- The role of WIPO: World Intellectual Property Organization
- The US Copyright Office: Does it really help the local writers to defend their rights?
- What a European Patent Office does?
- Why is it important to study GATT documents?
- Women’s human rights in different parts of the world
- Inter-American Human Rights Library: Interesting outtakes & their analysis
- Mass communications law
- ECOLEX: A gateway to environmental law
- Election laws of the United States
- Islamic law: The way people around the world perceive it
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
- Students must obtain a right to opt out of standardized testing if they do not find it necessary
- NSA can purge the gathered phone records for safety purposes
- Should modern parents be severer?
- Is it ethical to force people to attend church?
- Is it legal to do abortions?
- Circumstances under which a biological father replaces a child’s mom
- Teaching students about the sex is immoral
- It is okay for contemporary partners to live together before marriage
- Ideas on free-ranging parenting
- The world would be better without organized religion
- Technology affects religion
- Overeating VS consuming an insufficient amount of food
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- DADT repeal and its significance
- The United States border control: The collected insights & analysis
- Advantages & disadvantages of breastfeeding
- Child adoption by a gay family
- The average wage in the US
- Why is it immoral for an old lady to date a young boy?
- Money is not the root of all evil but the way people spend them
- Legalizing prostitution does not make sense
- Students should be given less homework
- The ways to fight obesity safely
- Curfews help to keep young adults out of trouble
Research Paper Topics on Education
- E-Learning VS traditional learning
- The meaning of standardized tests
- No Child Left Behind Act: Assessment of its effectiveness
- Does grade inflation take place in the United States?
- Living on campus help to develop independence
- Reading & literacy in the early days
- Curriculum, teaching, and assessment nowadays
- History of schooling
- Steps to complex learning
- The efficiency of self-regulated learning
- Studying in small groups
- Urban education VS village education
- Standardized tests and their effectiveness
Human Resource Paper Topics
- The negative impact of feminism on the development of modern employment culture
- The role of business ethics in the company of student’s choice
- Workplace diversity is helpful in creating a productive work environment
- The possibility of erasing one’s memory
- Making a doll out of a human
- Members of Congress must have specific term limits
- CEOs receive unfairly high wages
Human Rights Paper Topics
- Social dramas in the area of living
- Why do so many girls get pregnant at the early age?
- Is there racial discrimination in modern high schools?
- Should a placement by academic ability take place?
- Police have a right to use drones to record the private life of citizens
- Children’s rights in various parts of the world
- People should marry someone with the same politic view
- Methods to prevent high school bullying
Problem Topics for Research Papers
- White collar jobs are losing its significance: Main reasons
- Crime taking place every day in some industries
- The impact of plastic bag usage on modern consumers and their health
- Drug & alcohol abuse among high school children
- Homeschooling & its consequences
- Sexual assault: Various ways to punish it
- Substance abuse and its consequences
- How to deal with the narcissistic personality disorder
We hope that your next research paper won’t bring you any difficulties, and you will easily select a perfect topic and enjoy the writing process. Keep in mind each student can count on online help. Professional writing service will solve problems with homework at any level without any delays. Good luck!