From the first day of their university life, students know that they will have to write a lot - each professor requires them to create an essay or a research paper. It appears that picking research paper topics is the most difficult process. You cannot choose the first idea you see on the web or in the print publishing – it is about choosing interesting research paper themes on the relevant issues.
If you need to create only one research paper at the end of the term, you can breathe out because you are blessed. If more – an appropriate solution exists. Turn to the professional online writing company. Contact them via email and get any college assignment solved within the set period of time! In this guide, we will answer some questions. How much time will you spend on finishing your research paper and what themes for a research paper should gain teacher’s appreciation? Follow our guide to find the answers.
What is a Research Paper?
A research paper is an N-page, size 12 font college-level document to be written due in several weeks. Why is it important? It trains several crucial skills to improve your language and other traits:
- Critical thinking
- English Writing
How to Write a Research Paper?
Picking exceptional research paper themes for high school scholars is half the way. Explore with our guide how to create each component of this type of assignment including thesis statement, outline and others.
How to write a research paper outline
An outline of research paper is a primary thing to include before the process begins. It looks like a map of your work. Check the necessary sections of the paper. In case of a research paper, clear outline looks this way:
- Title page
How to write an introduction for a research paper
It is the opening section of the research paper, and we can call this paragraph the face of the entire document. Begin with a clear hook to make a reader go through it to the end. Use one word or collocation:
- Joke or anecdote
- Famous person quote
- Literary quotation
- Rhetorical question
How to write a thesis statement for a research paper
A thesis statement is the foundation of any academic assignment. It reflects the main argument of the entire text. Postpone writing a thesis statement until the last minute: once you have an overall picture, it is better to come up with the thesis statement. It should be clear, concise, and to-the-point. Check the correctness and grammar mistakes of this section.
How to write a conclusion for a research paper
End up your paper by summarizing the main points (those are the topic sentences from each body paragraphs). Rewrite the thesis and propose an impressive fact or rhetorical question to summarize crucial facts make the reader want to continue personal research.
Good Topics for Research Paper: Things to Know about the Writing Process
Is there something more complicated like a term paper to complete? It is possible to learn more about term papers here. Visit this link and find the answers. Writing an essay like research paper is never fast and easy. Once you consider on the subjects to write about for a research paper, there are things you should remember while working on the chosen topic:
- Do in-depth research
- Prefer several interesting subjects to choose from
- Make a plan of your work
- Write all sections that include body parts and conclusion
- Cite related resources
- Edit & proofread the writing to polish your English and avoid grammar mistakes
Many scholars believe an initial couple of steps are the least problematic. It is not true. An extensive scientific research and proper topic ideas for academic paper are the steps that define the whole process. The better and clearer picture is in a person’s head, the easier the process of writing will be. Brainstorming activities and personal coaching might help. It is a crucial moment in writing a research paper because it shapes author’s abstract thoughts into a topic of the paper.
Exciting Research Paper: Writing Process Overview
- Without a decent content, good college research paper themes will not make sense. The outline is the thing every scholar should begin the writing of research paper.
- An extended research paper outline assists in structuring the writer’s personal thoughts, and it prevents from getting lost in the middle of the process.
- Another thing you should plan ahead is the writing style and formatting. Once you obtain the prompt, try to adjust the academic style (APA, MLA, Chicago and more) with the help of numerous writing and formatting services. The APA style is the one most research paper writers use.
- Once an author picks one of the easy subjects, MLA or another style one more challenge comes out: preparing the primary sentence of the beginning, which is called a research problem, thesis statement, or hypothesis. The primary aim of a statement is to respond to this question.
A final structure of research paper is stiff, it serves a particular purpose. The main goal of a tricky structure and formatting is to discover credible resources without obstacles and help organize the ideas you have regarding the picked issue. Remember the structure of an empiric research paper – it works no matter which themes to write about for a research paper the author prefers:
- Cover page
- Abstract (1/3 of a page)
- Table of contents
- Methodology (equipment + tools)
- Results & Discussion (R&D)
- Appendices (the list of images, graphs, reports, tables, and other visual elements applied to support the findings)
A research paper example:
Do you find it tricky? Experts recommend picking an appropriate language style for your research paper and focusing on every section separately. Don’t forget to check grammar carefully. Write the project step-by-step rather than complete research paper at one time.
Find more advanced writing tips by going the link shared by the most successful scholars who used to survive their hardest academic years!
Discover Ways to Cite Excellent Research Paper Ideas Correctly
Citing/Referencing the primary sources in this type of academic paper is important. Without recalling the authors of the original resources in a decent manner, students will lose credits. It is an integral component of a grading rubric you have to include.
Here are several recommendations for research paper in our guide to prevent you from falling into the trap associated with citing.
“Keep track of every book, scholarly article, academic journal, newspaper, magazine, video, website or other resources you attend to obtain relevant information. Taking notes is a clue to success with research paper.
Always begin with the draft. It is the map of your paper. Check whether each bibliography entry has such information as the work’s complete title, writer’s name, place of publication, publisher, and date of publication.
It is a good idea to have some note cards. Use them to write down the information about the selected sources in the top right corner to see if the bibliography list of the paper matches it in the end.”
Prof. Marry Johnson, an expert English editor at WriteMyPaper4Me
How to Select Research Paper Topics to Impress a Teacher?
Lucky you are if the themes for research papers were assigned to you by your professor. It makes the process more pleasant because a student already knows what source of information to search for. A huge piece of work is ready. A student should find the appropriate books, articles, journals, and other sources to begin research paper writing. The primary aim is to develop the extremely valuable skills of selecting a research paper topic and conducting a study.
Get a little self-centered
It may sound not too helpful, but at the point of choosing a theme for research paper, you should check those subject aspects that are easy and exciting for you. Does your professor of English want you to decide on the subject of matter? Feel free to go in whichever direction your heart desires and prefer your personal style for research paper.
Get background information for research paper
If you do not understand the subject completely, never hesitate to contact your professor and ask thousands of questions. Your purpose is to understand the discipline enough and explore plenty of resources to get curious and ask questions. You may also subscribe on useful online guides that help to complete any academic paper.
Look for review articles
Do not be lazy to read more and vary your resources. Professors provide a catalog of research articles useful for the class. It is your guide. You will have to read most of these sources during the course of the term along with other materials.
Find your field and focus on it!
Once you have an idea of what you want to write about in your research paper, make sure your topic is neither broad or narrow. If the research paper topic is too narrow, you might hardly find the appropriate literature. In-depth themes provide too many sources.
200 Most Brilliant Research Paper Topics
Research Paper Topics for College
- Domestic political scandals
- Business struggles & triumphs in certain market area
- College battles in the particular region
- Upcoming political regulations and their possible result and impact on society
- Pros & cons of hunting the wild deer in the specific area
- Mountaintop removal mining
- Healthcare privilege of youth in the United States
- Juvenile crime: contemporary methods of punishment & their effectiveness
- College tuition planning
- The role of gambling/online gaming in the life of a student
- Gay, bisexual, and transgender - differences & similarities
- The way menstruation affects young girls
Psychology Research Paper Topics for College
- Non-experimental research methods in psychology
- Importance of following ethics in psychological research
- Substance abuse
- Evolutionary aspects of mate preferences
- Advantages of social education in groups
- Factors that impact animal behavior/growth
- Eyewitness testimony & memory: the correlation between them
- Attention-deficit syndrome: myth to justify persons or reality?
- Is artificial intelligence going to dominate the planet?
- How do stereotypes appear in society?
- Steps necessary to end cyber crimes
- Methods criminals target cyber zones
- The components of the modern sex education: Is it effective or not?
- How comes that sexually transmitted diseases are on the rise?
- Facts that prove monkeys are the carriers of AIDs
- Reasons why safe sex is the best way to avoid STDs
- Reasons for the females below 18 to make abortions
- The most dangerous dissociative disorders
- Gambling from the psychological perspective
Research Paper Topics for Middle School
- The song that made people better
- The way student contributes to his/her community
- How student’s ancestors arrived at where they are currently living
- Princess Diana & her dynasty
- President Obama and politics
- The Trail of Tears: What does it mean to the history of the US?
- How did the code talkers survive and won the war?
- Who is the greatest general that has lived on this planet?
- 10 ways to start protecting the environment
- Efficient options to achieve academic goals
- Text messaging & teen literacy
- Walmart influence in the development of the US economies
- The origins of EBM
- The methods ancient sailors navigated the globe
Science Research Paper Topics
- Reasons why flu virus is different from year to year
- Medical services to save babies born before 27 weeks
- Different types of stem cells and their usage
- Sleep disorders’ impact on the overall health condition
- Proof that screening for breast cancer is helpful
- A correlation between breastfeeding & improved baby’s health
- Stem cells to assist in reducing death rates in heart attack cases
- Several reasons why eating disorders can lead to the patient's death
- The healthiest diet does not exist
- Stop smoking to improve mental health
- Never-ending society evolution
- “Avengers” from Marvel from the scientific point of view
Good Research Paper Topics
- Follow preventive measures against weapon
- Factors that define police brutality
- Three Strikes Law effects on the community
- Drug testing convenience for the patients
- Factors that motivate society to get involved in sexual harassment
- Greek letter society exists
- Prayer in schools: Be or not to be?
- Is there a way to minimize radioactive waste disposal?
- Children’s programming and commercial usage: legal or not?
- Social Security Reform: Possible Pros & Cons
- Measures taken to intensify the airport security after September 11th
- Magna Carta: How it changed England
- Stages involved in making a music video
- The ingredients found in some hot dogs
Business Research Paper Topics
- Compare & contrast the effectiveness of various managerial techniques
- Elucidate the pros of the small businesses
- Does franchising make it easier to run a business?
- What are the impacts of global warming on a specific type of business?
- Pros & cons of outsourcing services
- Old & rigid corporate traditions that save some popular companies
- Reasons to contribute some company’s assets to charity
- Useful techniques to attract the attention of a celebrity to take part in the marketing campaign
- The impact of Burger King on the US economies
- The Great Depression VS the Recession
- The Manhattan Project: Expectations & reality
- How communism affects business in Northern Korea
History Research Paper Topics
- Central Asian art: Its influence on contemporary art
- The correlation between Greek culture & Roman culture
- The correlation between history & culture on the example of Japan
- Different monetary systems’ influences in the development of humanity
- The act of Green Revolution in the history of mankind
- The most effective military strategy of all times
- Factors that initiated WWII
- Will humans face WWIII in the closest few years?
- Is liberalism the most optimal solution?
- What are some of the consequences of the women’s suffrage movements?
- The impact of mass media in the US war attempts in Vietnam
- How Genghis Khan conquered Persia
- Martin Luther King’s protest against the Catholic Church
- Aztec Empire and its architecture
Research Paper Topics for Computer Science
- Multiple-Access Control Protocol
- Symbian mobile OS: Main benefits
- Methods to measure universal intelligence
- Reasons to choose Google apps
- What makes Macs safer than Windows computers?
- When will humanity start implementing brain chips?
- Confidential data storage & detection: Associated risks
- The effectiveness of online grammar checkers & plagiarism detectors
- Self-defending networks: Their importance
- The most useful way to connect to the internet and use your email
- Exploring how GPS system functions
- Controlling airport security via computer technologies
- The primary dangerous computer viruses
- The basics of search engine optimization (SEO)
Literature Research Paper Topics
- Duma’s “Three Musketeers” are not historically accurate in many senses
- The way Harry Potter reflects the ideal of the time
- Discuss and evaluate the allegory of 2 random novels
- The imagery within novel: The basic uses
- Explore the reasons why some authors use similes/metaphors
- Which factors help to identify the genre of the certain novel?
- What are the differences between a horror story and a thriller?
- Can you share a new aspect of prose based on independent research?
- A historical event of your interest depicted in different stories
- Explain how a particular literary genre emerged and developed
- Women’s suffrage movement in prose
- Alchemy as described in some literary pieces
- Books on Joan of Arc: Her image in them
- The down of literature in the current society
Law Research Paper Topics
- International Criminal Law Court Tools: Evaluate their effectiveness
- Comparative criminal procedure: report & analysis with details
- The mission of WIPO: World Intellectual Property Organization
- The US Copyright Office: Does it really help the local writers to defend their business?
- What a European Patent Office does?
- Why is it important to learn GATT documents?
- Women’s authority in different parts of the planet
- Inter-American Human Rights Library: Exciting outtakes & full report
- Mass communications law
- ECOLEX: A gateway to environmental law
- Election laws of the United States
- Islamic law: The way people around the globe perceive it
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
- Students must obtain a right to opt out of standardized testing if they do not find it necessary
- NSA can purge the gathered phone records for safety purposes
- Should parents be severer?
- Is it ethical to force humans to attend church?
- Is it legal to do abortions?
- Circumstances under which a biological father replaces a child’s mom
- Teaching teenagers about sex is immoral
- It is okay for contemporary partners to live together before marriage
- Ideas on free-ranging parenting
- The society would be better without organized religion
- Technology affects religion
- Overeating VS consuming an insufficient amount of food
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- DADT repeal and its significance
- The United States border control: The collected insights & analysis
- Advantages & disadvantages of breastfeeding
- Child adoption by a gay family
- The average wage in the US
- Why is it immoral for an old lady to date a young boy?
- Money is not the root of all evil but the way people use them
- Legalizing prostitution does not make sense
- Scholars should be given less homework
- The techniques to fight obesity safely
- Curfews help to keep young adults out of trouble
Research Paper Topics on Education
- E-Learning at home VS traditional education
- The meaning of standardized tests
- No Child Left Behind Act: Assessment of its effectiveness
- Does grade inflation take place in the United States?
- Living on campus help to develop independence
- Reading & literacy in the early days
- Curriculum, teaching, and assessment nowadays
- History of schooling statement
- Steps to complex language learning at home
- The efficiency of self-regulated schooling
- Learning style in limited groups
- Urban education VS village education
- General tests and their effectiveness in various institutions
HR Research Paper Topics
- The negative impact of feminism on the progress of contemporary employment culture
- The role of business ethics in the company of student’s choice
- Workplace diversity is helpful in creating a productive work environment
- The possibility of erasing one’s memory
- Making a doll out of a person
- Members of Congress must have specific term limits
- CEOs receive unfairly huge wages
People’s Rights Research Paper Topics
- Social dramas in the area of living
- Why do so many girls get pregnant at the early age?
- Is there racial discrimination in present schools?
- Should a placement by academic ability take place?
- Police have a right to use drones to record the private life of citizens
- Children’s interests in various parts of the Earth
- Humans should marry someone with the same political viewpoint
- Methods to prevent high school bullying
Dispute Topics for Research Papers
- White collar jobs are losing its significance: Main reasons
- Crime taking place every day in some industries
- The impact of plastic bag usage on present-day consumers and their health
- Drug & alcohol abuse among children
- Homeschooling & its consequences
- Sexual assault: Various methods to punish it
- Substance abuse and its consequences
- How to deal with the narcissistic personality disorder
We hope that your next research paper won’t bring you any difficulties, and you will easily select a perfect topic and enjoy the writing. Follow our guide and keep in mind each student can count on online help. Contact us, subscribe to our newsletters, and qualified writing service will solve issues with homework at any level without any delays.