Free 16 Traditional and Unique Topics for College Compare and Contrast Essays
Let's say your high school or college teacher haven't assigned the topic for your compare and contrast assignment. It means you can choose one. It is simpler than deciding on the most relevant argumentative or scientific subject. However, every high grade expects a quality content written on the interesting essay topic.
Don't be trivial - the article you see now will help you to avoid confusing and banal compare and contrast essay topics. In addition to the list of the top-rated themes, we will share different links to websites with great examples and online writing help.
Students will find some good points and ideas necessary for the development of a good school or college comparative essay.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics on Famous People
World-known people like different celebrities and political figures have always attracted the attention of ordinary citizens. It's a great chance for every writer to catch an eye of the reader by describing and comparing the life of various American authorities.
You don't necessarily need to compare and contrast the life of people from the same region or field of activity. Many students find it exciting to take a person from real life and a book or movie character. It leaves space for imagination. Keep in mind that there are no alike individuals! Thus, you will have enough ideas to write your five-paragraph essay.
- Madonna and Celine Dion. While the first woman is a self-made American singer, the same can be said about her Canadian fellow singer. By comparing these two, you draw parallels between the American and Canadian pop stage.
- Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin. Even though these historical figures widely known to the public were from the opposing camps, there are more similarities between them than you can think.
- Peter Griffin vs. Homer Simpson. The two American television shows, "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy" are alike by showing the disadvantages of the nation and laughing at the public stereotypes. However, one of the shows is still more radical. Guess which one?
- Bugs Bunny and Charlie Chaplin. As the time passes by, these figures remain the symbol of their time and entire American culture. It would be interesting to write about the similarities and differences between their comic images.
History, Religion, and Anthropology Comparative Essay Topics
Religion is often a taboo topic to discuss. Public schools and colleges have a special subject dedicated to religion, so students are encouraged to write about it. Religion, history, and anthropology are closely related. You may choose to compare and contrast essay topics that cover all three dimensions to enrich your essay.
Here we go with several good examples recommended by high school and college students:
- Contrast World War I and World War II. It is a traditional debate. Many people find the two wars similar, but historians point to a great number of differences such as main factors, actual causes, and consequences. Explain why World War II was much worse and terrifying.
- President Obama and President Kennedy. Mass media tends to compare both political figures very often. It is time to find out why.
- Ancient Greece Ancient Rome. All ideas related to the offered compare and contrast essay topic are good enough. Cover Greek and Roman mythology, describe their traditional public events, a way of living, differences and similarities in poetry, and influence on the modern American society.
- 18th Century Living vs. Modern Life. Are American people freer now? How is a modern society divided into classes in contrast to the old one? What are the advantages of e-mail compared to the traditional mailing they used back in the 18th century?
Political Essay Compare and Contrast Themes
These topics cover political science and cultural life of different countries. It is time to compare political regimes of countries with the echo of communism and those where capitalism dominates; countries where women and men have equal rights versus countries where women are limited to their rights and freedoms; etc.
- Classical Theory of Karl Marx against Modern Capitalistic Movement. Financial and political theories change with the flow of time. High school and college students have to understand the way economics work to get the ideas of different political regimes.
- The war in Syria Compared to Military Situation in Ukraine. The countries could make a union based on the fact they are both regularly attacked by two other hostile countries. However, Ukraine is not officially involved in the war, they say. Research what media shares and contrast the given cases.
- The government of China vs. The government of Korea. Both of these nations suffer from the consequences of communism. The second country, specifically North Korea, supports this political regime more than China. What is different and what's in common?
- Welfare Programs in the United States vs. Welfare Programs in the United Kingdom. Although high school and college students believe that these countries look alike in many senses, any related book or movie will show how wrong they are.
Compare and Contrast Topics Chosen by High School and College Students
Finally, there are many ways you can compare the life with family and on a college campus; important things to consider while studying at school and in university; passing SAT and taking TOEFL; etc.
If you don't need a compare and contrast essay ideas, look at the list of general essay topics shared by successful college students.
- Fiction or Non-Fiction Literature? Write about which type of literary works is more helpful for college students and why.
- Contrast High School Examinations vs. College Tests. What is more important? Which styles are recommended to be used in academic writing when studying in different educational institutions? When is it easier to cheat?
- Comparing Life with Parents to Living on Campus. In your essay, write the details about two ways of student's life. Share ideas on why you prefer one of the options. List pros and cons of both.
- Traditional Learning or Online Learning? Do you find it helpful to be able to take college courses online? Is a traditional way of teaching still better and more effective?
Once you have read our helpful online article, we would like to offer something you could not even imagine. It is real to save your free time for things like hobbies, parents, and friends with the help of the high-quality compare and contrast essays written by the online academic services. Order an essay on any topic in English to have the best writers work on your text days and nights until it is perfect enough to bring you A+!