- College Essays That Worked: How It Can Help You Become a Stellar Essay Writer
- What is the admission committee looking for in your admission essay?
- College Essay Tips
- College essay examples: How to write your personal statement
- UC essay examples
- Supplemental essay examples of UPenn
- Examples of college essays that worked
- UPenn college essay example
- Harvard college essay example
- TUFTS college essay example
- How to write a winning essay?
- Professional essay writers at your service
Writing a winning college admission essay, which is also called a personal statement, is not everyone’s cup of tea. A personal statement can make or break your chances of getting admission in an educational establishment. So, it’s extremely important for you to be sure that you’ll be able to do justice with your application essay.
If you have any doubt in mind or struggling to write an efficient one, you can always seek guidance from the personal statement examples that have been accepted or worked with the institutions before. Besides this, seeking help from expert essay writing professionals is also a good option. If you are looking for such services, you can always trust us, our team of expert writers and proofreaders can help you write an essay which can grab the attention of the admissions committee in a clap.
What is the admission committee looking for in your admission essay?
When writing a personal statement, ensure that you write in an authoritative tone to give a glimpse of your life to the admission committee. You can always do some self-analysis and look into ways that can impress them. When it comes to the ‘Why this college’, do not resort to typical reasons. The admission committee is looking for something special. When describing why you have chosen this particular college, give the real reasons why as well as mention what this college can give to you, how you will contribute to the college, and how you will use the gained knowledge and experience.When you have already chosen a college, a good idea is to check essays that worked. You will understand what essays are considered acceptable and might notice some characteristic features of a good essay. For example, check UPenn. It is considered one of the most renowned educational establishments in the whole world. Securing admission in this Ivy League university is a tough nut to crack. But if you read the essays that worked for this university, you will have a general idea of what and how to write.
Writing a winning essay is not always about selecting the right topic, but how it is written also makes a great impact. The admission officers are always looking forward to learning something about you so that they can decide how you can contribute towards a specific program you opted for. An essay is a way to judge your personality, intellectual, interests, and everything about you.
College Essay TipsWe have created a list of tips that will help you improve your essay and help you avoid the most typical college essay mistakes
- Follow the essay prompt and answer the set question. Make sure that you have understood the topic and instructions and that you follow them.
- Do not go under or over the word limit. College essays are usually short. The most common length is 500 words. Make sure to fit into it, because if you exceed the word count, the admission committee just might not read your essay till the end.
- Be honest and be yourself. The main point is that you should not pretend to be a person you are not.
- Do not tell fake stories. When you describe some situations that helped you grow, tell about your real experience, do not tell fake stories
- Be positive. Optimism sells better. Keep a positive tone in your essay
- Mind your language. Avoid curse words
- Do not tell, show. When describing some difficulties or situations you have overcome, do not just retell. Show how that changed you, what experience gave you, and how they helped you grow.
- Demonstrate that you are the best candidate for admission. For sure, you should not just say "I am the best". Prove it with the facts and explain why.
- Proofread. Leave yourself at least few minutes to proofread your essay. Typos can spoil the general impression.
College essay examples: How to write your personal statement
Outlined below are some of the college essay example prompts which can help you get started:
- If you are one of the students who feel that you have an extraordinary talent or an identity that is so evocative that your application essay would look incomplete without it, then be expressive about yourself.
- Describe one problem which you want to solve or have already solved. How did you come with this idea and what was the result?
- Discuss an event in your life which you have accomplished successfully and how it helped you in your personal growth.
- Write an essay on any topic of your choice and explain how it pertains to the college program you have applied to.
Let’s check out some of the essay examples of some reputed institutes which have worked for other students:
UC essay examples
The University of California, better known as UC, is one of the reputed educational institutions in the USA, established in 1868. Remember that your college application will remain incomplete until and unless you submit a personal statement. Outlined below are some topic examples:
- Describe in detail about things you have done to make the world a better place to live.
- Have you utilized the intellectuals you learned from one of your favorite academic subjects to solve a problem in the real world?
- Discuss in detail about one of your creative sides and how it can make you different from other applicants.
Supplemental essay examples of UPenn
The University of Pennsylvania doesn’t need any introduction, and every year on average, only 8-10% of applicants get selected. The admission process is stringent, and you’ll need to write an essay of around 400-650 words. You can check some of the best essay topics below:
- Why are you applying for the ‘Digital Media Design’ program at UPenn?
- Describe how the ‘Management and Technology’ program at UPenn can help you discover your liking for business. Also, express how your leadership skills and creativity helped you solve a problem.
- Describe how the internet has changed the world. Explain in detail with the help of a suitable example.
Examples of college essays that worked
It's better to see it with your own eyes that just to listen. Thus, we have prepared examples of college essays for different colleges that worked and allowed applicants to be admitted.
UPenn college essay exampleEssay that allowed an applicant to be admitted to UPenn
Harvard college essay exampleCollege essay that allowed an applicant to be admitted to Harvard
TUFTS college essay exampleCollege essay that allowed an applicant to be admitted to TUFTS
How to write a winning essay?
The common features which can help you make your college application essay expressive are outlined below:
- Make a clear and concise plan before you start.
- Describe the topic in brief and then expand.
- Describe your abilities and interests through storytelling.
- Write a killer introduction to hook the readers.
- Write in an expressive tone.
- Conclude with a bang.
- Proofread your essay multiple times before you submit.
Professional essay writers at your service
Never risk your chances of getting admission in an elite education establishment. Seek expert help now! You can trust us with your college application essay as we have a stringent process to hire a professional essay writer. We can assure you of 100% authentic works, as delivering the highest level of quality is our prime focus.
Our proficient writers are qualified and have years of first-hand experience to write on any topic. We’ll be glad to help you and surpass your expectations. Affordable rates, 100% privacy, and a money-back guarantee are some competitive features we boast off. Call us now and talk to our professionals to get started.