Have you ever been bullied? Or maybe you have bullied someone or have been involved in a similar situation? According to the recent statistics, more than 70% of the US students have ever suffered from bullying, and over 30% of children have been bullied themselves. With such horrible stats in mind, it is no wonder that a bullying essay is one of the common academic assignments. The main purpose of the task is to make students reflect on their position on the subject and prevent the facts of aggression in future.
If you have been assigned to write such a piece and are puzzled with the task, then you can always use this guide as your helper-outer. Keep reading to know what bullying is, what types of it are common today, and how to approach the topic in order to cover it in full. Do not feel enthusiastic about writing? Let us make the process of writing well-organized and effective. Get a professional writer on the task and deliver a well-structured essay with a firm position, problem background, and effective solutions.
Types of Bullying
Before you get on with the task, it is important that you have an idea of the whole context of the problem. So what bullying is? What types of it are most common today? And what are the most effective ways of combating the problem? Bullying is recognized as a widespread problem in schools around the globe. It can happen at any stage of life, at school, college, workplace, public place, etc. No matter when it happens, bullying implicates severe consequences to both those who initiated the “attack” as well as victims. Only the right guidance and training can solve the issue and successfully eliminate cases of bullying and make people look into the problem from a different angle.
There is no universal form of bullying. It can be in different forms and have different showings. The most common types of bullying are as follows:
- Physical - it involves aspects of physical violence or torture from the aggressor;
- Verbal - it comes with abuse, offenses, threats, name-calling, inappropriate sexual comments, or harassment;
- Psychological - it is a more aggressive form of verbal bullying that acquires the nature of spreading rumors about a victim with the one being further excluded from the group or class;
- Cyber - it refers to cases when social media is used to hurt or insult a victim. This form of bullying can be distinguished by the trials to deteriorate some one’s public image by making degrading comments, posting personal info, images, or videos on social media platforms.
While most reported cases of bullying happen at school, a significant percentage of aggressive behavior also occurs in some other public places. It is not only high schoolers who may suffer from aggressive behaviors since some other types of aggression are quite common today. College, workplace, public place bullying are common as well. Overall, the problem is quite acute. Aggressive behavior can drive young people to suicide, self-harm, and other tragic consequences. This writing task has been made a part of the academic program in order to handle the problem.
Essay Purpose and Structure
Before you get started, it is important to look for the purpose of essay writing, the main functions of the task, and the paper structure pattern. Thus, you will know what content is to be covered in your piece, and how to reveal the problem of the aggressive behavior in full.
Purpose of the Essay
In order to understand the essay content and type, it is necessary to have an idea of what function the task serves. The chief purpose of this type of assignment is to lead to a better understanding and deeper consideration of the problem by students. The paper is also aimed at highlighting certain related issues and eradicating this phenomenon. All in all, the main purpose of this writing assignment is:
- Let students express their attitude and firm position to this problem;
- Make them realize that the problem exists;
- Make people think if they have ever been bullied or if they initiated aggression themselves;
- Make them analyze the problem, think about how to prevent/ combat the incidents, and provide recommendations.
All in all, this type of essay writing is targeted toward combating dangerous behaviors altogether by using all means or methods available.
Papers about blustering have a standard structure and consist of the same key structural elements:
- Introduction - at the very beginning of your paper, you are to capture the reader’s attention, provide some background information, and demonstrate topic significance;
- The thesis statement - it is a key component of the essay introductory paragraph. As a rule, a thesis statement is 1-2 sentence long and introduces the main claim of your work;
- Essay body - it is the main part of your paper that should contain key points and arguments supporting the claim, bring evidence, provide examples or explanations. As a rule, the body part of your essay incorporates evidence from literature, provides real-life examples, or contains thoughts from key opinion leaders;
- Conclusion - this is the last paragraph of your essay. This part of the paper is supposed to sum up all the above content and restate your key claim.
Of course, the structure of your paper as well as the content covered in it highly depends on the essay type. For instance, when writing a descriptive essay, you need to describe the problem and provide examples of real situations from life. On the other hand, an argumentative essay is more about expressing your position toward a specific situation or problem. A persuasive essay requires you to make a reader adopt your opinion.
Basic Bullying Essay Outline
In order to cover all the main points in your piece, it is necessary to develop a full-fledged essay outline. Thus, you will structure your paper in the best way and make sure that no key arguments are left without your attention. In order to develop the most effective essay outline, it is recommended to structure it as a bulleted list and have every key component as a separate point. The following outline structure will work best for your paper:
- Thesis statement
- Supporting claim, evidence, example 1
- Supporting claim, evidence, example 2
- Supporting claim, evidence, example 3
The more arguments and supporting claims your essay contains - the better. But having a well-thought-out content strategy will definitely help you create an outstanding piece.
Top 10 Topics for Bullying Essays 2020
If you have been assigned to the essay writing task with the freedom to decide on a paper topic yourself, the following themes may inspire you to title an essay in the most effective way.
- Can bullying at schools cause suicides?
- How can adults reduce aggression against their child?
- How has technology affected school bullying?
- What measures should teachers and family members take to stop school bullying?
- How does aggressive behavior impact students’ grades?
- What is the long-term damage of school bullying?
- Effects of workplace bullying on the performance of the employee
- Why should we stop bullying?
- What is people’s motivation to bully and behave aggressively?
- How has social media influenced body image and bullying?
Any troubles? Our professional writers will not only advise you on the topic for your essay but can also write a paper from scratch or proofread the ready-made piece.
Bullying essay writing is tough, but knowing the context of the problem and the main tasks that your paper should serve will make the assignment a bit easier. In-depth research and a paper outline will help you write a brilliant essay that not only reflects your position but also makes the reader take your stand.